Past Due Credit Solutions - HM Revenue and Customs

gh0108
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2711 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My wife has received a letter today from Past Due Credit Solutions saying that HM Revenue and Customs have asked them to contact my wife on their behalf. It asks me to call a number and pay in full or if I am finding it difficult they can discuss whether I can spread the payments. It says all discussions and payments now need to be made through them.

Any advice about this would be welcome as there is no way I can pay the amount that it says off and also I do not know if this debt is my wife's. Please advise? Thanks in advance.

Any previous communications from HMRC ?

If your Wife knows nothing, she should send a letter of dispute to HMRC asking them to provide full evidence to support their claim that an amount is owed. Also she can submit a Data Protection subject access request for free to HMRC asking for copies of all relevant data records.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

moved to the HMRC forum

plenty of like threads to refer too.

don't forget a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

and has

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

totally ignore them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

I wrote to HMRC and sent it recorded delivery and they received and signed for it on 19/09/16 but I have had nothing back from them. I offered to pay an amount per month. Today the wife has received a further letter from Past Due Credit Solutions demanding payment!

Shouldnt have offered anything until they have substantiated why your wife owes them anything.

If you did a free sar then they have 40 days to supply the info

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

ignore PDCS

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

While HMRC have increasingly passed debts to Debt Collection Agnecies to deal with, HMRC should still be able to confirm details of the debt. Depending on the nature of the debt (single or joint account), you're wife may need to give authorisation for you to speak on her behalf. Normally you can request the DCA send the debt back to HMRC.

Nothing to sell

They can't sell it!!

Ignore the dca totally

and they

Ignore all correspondence or calls from the DCA they have no powers.

HMRC have 40 days to respond to a SAR. If they do not you can lodge a complaint and ask for all collection action to be placed on hold.

The DCA will not pass it back to HMRC unless HMRC agree. HMRC can take the debt back although they often state they cant.

Getting HMRC to take the debt back is not always a good thing. You will be on the next stage of the process which is the HMRC collection team. While they will not harass you like the DCA they may try and collect it. The DCA has no powers to collect only harass. So you will have more time to sort it out while its with the DCA. Never contact the DCA always contact HMRC.

What type of tax are they trying to collect?