Hillary Clinton has Pneumonia.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2779 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Clinton physically unwell and it is said that Trump is mentally unstable so it's take your pick time..

How do you mean CD?

Pneumonia doesn't last that long these days. My husband was ill for a couple of weeks a while ago and then went back to work once the antibiotics had worked.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

How do you mean CD?

Pneumonia doesn't last that long these days. My husband was ill for a couple of weeks a while ago and then went back to work once the antibiotics had worked.

HB

A young friend of mine was in ICU for ages with Pneumonia and placed in an induced coma. Relatives told not to expect a recovery at all and although thankfully didnt die as anticipated wasnt 100% for many months. Your husband therefore was very lucky.

A young friend of mine was in ICU for ages with Pneumonia and placed in an induced coma. Relatives told not to expect a recovery at all and although thankfully didnt die as anticipated wasnt 100% for many months. Your husband therefore was very lucky.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Maybe CD is right and it depends which type you have. I do know a couple of other people who were treated at home for pneumonia.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Why is Trumps Draft Dodge with Vietnam not being put all over the media??

A presidential candidate contracts pneumonia so she is automatically unfit for office, yet a confirmed draft dodger and prospective Colonel in Chief gets off lightly with the media. His presidential nomination is an insult to all those that did not return from Vietnam

Isn't there two types of pneumonia, one being bacterial and the other being viral..

There are two main classes of bacterial pneumonia : "typical" and "atypical" (the "typicality" refers to the bacteria's cell wall). Atypical pneumonia bacteria don't have a typical cell wall and need antibiotics that don't act at the cell wall. Which is why penicillins (which act at the cell wall) don't treat atypical pneumonia.

Viruses don't usually cause pneumonia, but you can get a viral pneumonitis. Viral chest infections (in particular "flu") can predispose you to a secondary bacterial pneumonia on top of the viral infection.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Maybe CD is right and it depends which type you have. I do know a couple of other people who were treated at home for pneumonia.

HB

Not all pneumonia needs hospital.

The usual method of assessing severity is "scoring" it using the CURB-65 method

Confusion (yes no)

Urea (a blood test, level above a certain cut off)

Respiration rate (above a cut off?)

Blood pressure (below a certain level)

Age 65 or over?

This gives a "score" between 0 (no pneumonia / only mild) and 5 (severe, think ITU!).

The elderly can score high even without pneumonia (a usually confused 66 year old could score 2, even without pneumonia), and a young adult with severe pneumonia could score low (for now!, and be in trouble when they start scoring higher!), but it is one recognised tool in the initial assessment......