Parking ticket on grass verge and DYL

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2769 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

both myself and a friend had tickets issued yesterday "parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours" code 01 by Wiltshire council.

It is a place I have parked for many years to access free fishing below Chippenham Town.

We were parked beyond the DYL on grass verge/hard standing,

but not restricting access to the gate beyond that is rarely used for access for grass cutting.

The verge is not used as walkway but is waste land.

the DYL looks as though they have been painted recently and I have never noticed them before.

I called the council and they said the ticket was correct as the DYL extends to the boundary fence.

Could some bright person out there confirm this,

as I have been looking on the net and there seems to be very confusing/conflicting information.

I also read

"The officer’s notes must also specify whether all windows of the vehicle were checked

– to prove there were no documents on display overriding the waiting or parking ban,

such as a dispensation or disabled badges at the time of the infringement."

which is not on the ticket.. does this make any difference?

Thanks in advance.

PS. I couldn't work out how to attach files/photos,

1.JPG

2.JPG

sadly the council are correct the DYL's extend to the boundary

the other bit you mention is immaterial

nothing you can do sadly

might be best to take up the discount period whilst its there.

also I've moved your thread to the local authority forum

as this was not a ticket issued in a private car park.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yep, yellow line restrictions cover the whole of the highway, which comprises carriageway, pavement and verge. As you don't have a defence of displaying a blue badge or anything which might give you a concession to park there, I don't see any point in pursuing the windows checked line. In any case, 99.9% of cases the notes will confirm - AWC - all windows checked. It's a completely routine part of the process.

I confirm that the restriction extends to the verge, even if there's space to park behind the DYL.

I almost got hit last week at Virginia water, same scenario but the ceo saw me leaving the car there and called me back to move it.

Nice of him, maybe they're not on commission in Windsor

When you've stopped laughing maybe you can look into the matter. This is a public forum and people need correct info. CEOs are not paid commission. They are on a flat salary.

Yes, sure.

Maybe they don't call them commissions and have given them a more exotic name, but they get something back from the pcn they issue, otherwise they won't be so keen.

In London boroughs they have target schemes as documented by the BBC documentary on parking wardens (can't remember the name)

I don't blame the councils, why would you employ someone who potentially never issues a pcn but advises and educate the public?

LAs need money and so do the CEOs.

Fair enough, It's a cat and mouse game.

Obviously, PoFA doesn't apply in this case, but the OP may have need to rely on the fact that he can only be identified as the keeper. This is clearly undermined by using his full name (one assumes) as his username on a forum that could be read by anyone. Maybe the OP should consider amending.

Yes, I know. That is precisely why I was trying to make the point that while it doesn't apply in this case, the OP may in future want advice on a matter in one of the other forums (e.g. parking on private land), so displaying what I assume is his actual name is not good practice.

Again, to be clear, the person liable is the person named on the Notice to Owner. The council may (and will) serve a Notice to Owner on a person it believes to be the owner. Usually they automatically believe the registered keeper to be the owner, and there's no dispute - but in any respect, if your name and address is on the NTO, you're liable for the debt unless you are able to absolve yourself.