Please Help Carer Being Harrassed

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1635 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I was hoping someone can help me ,

I'm so furious my cousin who is my carer , he ended up becoming my carer because my auntie thought he was hanging about with the wrong sort ,

So he moved 300 miles to live with me , it was supposed to be for 6 months but it's worked very well and it's been 2 years now ,

He had a letter from DWP saying we need to visit at your house or u can come into the job centre

He rang up to say his nana had died and his perants were on the way down to collect him for funeral etc ,

She still knocked the door twice !!,

Asked me if shane lived with me and I ended up losing it and when she said to me AGAIN

Can I speak to him I said "his perants are here and I think what you are doing is very disrespectful" and I shut the door ,

He went with his mother into town and he said he was there 5 mins and this lady rang him up and said "we actually do have a spare appointment tomorrow morning about allegations if you don't come in your money will be stopped ,

And also 3 months bank statements ,

And also asked for his nana name and where she died and her date of birth !!

He was a mess

Why are they doing this ?

Sounds like a Compliance interview, I would guess. There are several things that can trigger these, depending on what benefits he claims (CA and Income Support, perhaps?) It could be that the data matching systems have alerted on something - these systems check claims against other information such as tax records. It's possibly just a random check. Another reason for these interviews is a situation where someone has made a fraud report that the DWP aren't really taking seriously - they have to check these reports out but they are aware that many such reports are in error or outright malicious.

My advice would be that he should attend the meeting and provide the evidence as soon as he can - unfortunately this sort of thing is one of the downsides of claiming benefits. However, I don't like the fact that they asked him for proof that his Nana died. They should take his word for that unless they have some specific reason to think it's not true.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.