Fine has gone from £45 to £170... please help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I really hope you can help.

After going a bit OTT in university, i've recently got an ok job and have been trying to sort out my debts. It had been going quite well until I had some more bad news today.

Before I sold my car to save money in May 06 I received a £45 parking ticket, it was a bit harsh as the car was outside my house and a couple of months earlier we had checked with a trafic warden that it was ok to park there. I didn't pay the ticket and as my car was registered to my parents address, a bailiff from Swift Credit turned up there today to claim fees of £170 made up of the £45 original fine, 2x £25 admin letters and £75 for todays bailiff.

I recieved a letter from the court back in June saying that I had to pay £45 but being absouletly brassic and having other companies chasing me for money I was stupid and ignored it and hoped it would go away, which i thought it had until today. Swift say they sent 2 letters over the past couple of months but I have not received them (they had my parents address and trust me i would have known about it if they'd received them).

I accept that I should have just paid the fine even tho i had misleading advice from the trafic wardens but now I have no chance of paying £170; therefore i was hoping someone could give me advice on how to avoid/reduce the charges that Swift have added.

Thank you

D

• 4 weeks later...

File a late stat dec with the tec. You will need the pcn number and a scanner and email handy. Tell tec to email you the late stat dec form and they will . get them filled in and sworn at the local county/magistrates court and email them back while posting the originals bakc by post. this will put a hold on any bailiff action.

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK AT ALL OF MY FILES: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/bailiffchaser/

do not forget to click on my scale if i am giving you the right advice or advice is making sense click my scales otherwise others think i am not helping you.