• Tweets

• Okay so I see that the principal issue is about insurance. In that case read the threads very carefully about what we have to say about the insurance requirement and how unfair it is that you should be required to protect Hermes against their own negligence or the criminality of their employees. Point out that this was a laptop computer and you are well aware that instances of laptop computers disappearing are pretty common with Hermes and that the likelihood is that it was stolen. You will not be responsible for the criminality of their employees. It is for Hermes either to review their employment policies or to insure themselves. If you read up on the pinned topics you will find that have set out a nine or 10 point explanation of why their insurance requirement is unfair. You can tell the mediator that you will be inviting the judge to exercise his or her duty under the consumer rights act to examine the entirety of the Hermes contract and to decide whether the terms are fair or unfair. You can also point out to the mediator that if the judge finds against them that it will put a coach and horses through their entire rip-off insurance scheme and that not only will they not be able to depend upon in future but they will also have to go back and compensate all the people who have accepted their position and have not understood that the insurance is unfair. Point out the mediator as well that once you get a judgement in your favour as you surely will – that this will impact the whole of the courier industry – and Hermes will be even more despised by the competitors than they already are. In terms of your flexibility – tell the mediator that if Hermes does the sensible thing and pays you out then it won't go to court, they won't get a judgement against them, and they will be up to carry on with their rip-off insurance policy as usual and deprive other more innocent and less well-informed people of the compensation to which they are entitled. Tell the mediator that that is the benefit to Hermes and that you won't back down – not even a penny. Read the mediation stories on this forum. You will find that Hermes will probably come to you with their £100 expiration payment. When you refuse that, they will come back to you with a further offer and they will try to avoid paying the cost of the action. Tell the mediator that it is Hermes which had forced this action to occur and therefore you are not going to pay. If Hermes comes back and says right okay they are going to court – then don't worry. Go to court. We will help you – although they will probably settle before court anyway. Stand your ground. It's a reasonable amount of cash but it's not a massive amount so I would suggest simply just go for it.
    • If people don't watch live TV, on the TV Licencing website there is a page (quite well hidden), where there is a declaration that can be filled out stating that a licence is not required because of reasons a,b,c,d etc.     Once this is done, they leave you alone for 2 years, but ask you to notify of any change before the 2 years is up.   If you don't do this, they hassle you.   The inspectors have a sneaky tactic of knocking gently on your front doors, so you think it could be a friend or neighbour. People then up open up the doors and are caught watching live TV.    
    • I had been away as i didnt have any update i had been only waiting for the mediation appointment to be given which is i think processed bit delayed due to their workload. I have been given the appointment last week.  please see below their defence .   “Thank you for your email. Firstly, please allow me to offer your our most sincere apologies for the service you have received on this occasion. As advised by my colleague when booking this order, you are required to enter the value, upon entering this value a pop-up message was provided requesting that you protect your goods fully, you declined this option on more than one occasion and accepted to send this with just the standard £20.00 protection against loss or damage. I am afraid the offer made £100.00 as a matter of goodwill gesture without prejudice is the full and final settlement we would be willing to offer. It is of course your prerogative to take this case further, however, I must advise that should this go forward we will defend the case based on the information provided previously and the following Terms and Conditions which you agreed to when booking this order: https://www.parcel2go.com/content/about-terms.aspx "The Extent of our Liability 6.4 We shall only be liable for damage or loss caused to you if it is caused by our negligence, breach of duty or other wrongful act or omission, and only subject to the limitations set out within this clause 6 and clause 7. 6.5 We shall not be liable to you under any circumstances for: (a) any direct or indirect loss (including, but not limited to loss of profits, or loss of goodwill); or (b) any other special or indirect losses, costs, damages, or claims which do not arise naturally as a result of our negligence, breach of duty, or other wrongful act or omission. 6.6 We shall not be liable to you: (a) under any circumstances where there are any material discrepancies (meaning more than 10% difference) between the declared dimensions and/or weights and the actual dimensions and/or weights; (b) for any damage caused by our negligence, breach of duty, or other wrongful act or omission, which you have, or you have arranged to be, repaired, unless it is agreed by us that the repair work is to be carried out and that a repairer approved by us undertakes this work; or (c) in any circumstances in respect of the items on the Prohibited Items; Damage to Items Protected for Loss Only; or for loss of or damage to the No Protection Items lists, unless otherwise stated by us. The Limitation on the Amount of our Liability 6.7 If we are liable to you for any reason, we shall (subject always to clause 7) only be liable to refund to you the cost paid for the Service(s), unless you have purchased Parcel Protection for your Consignment from us. " Again we do apologise for all the inconvenience
    • It's been sometime since we had from you. Could you just bullet point itemise the salient points in their defence. In terms of the requirement for flexibility – we always suggest that you stand your ground. You can make it clear to the mediator that the advantage them is that they avoid getting a judgement and incurring additional costs. But maybe you can just give us a quick resume of what has happened – and I mean Quick. By the way how long ago were you given this appointment?
    • Okay I think that you should write this up very carefully – a bullet pointed description of everything you have found supported by a photograph of each point of concern.   The next thing we have to do is we have to get a quote from some independent source for repair or replacement. Two independent quotes would be useful. Some people might want a fee for this but on the other hand they are so hungry for sales, that they may well give you something in writing free of charge in the hope that you will come back to them. After that I think that we will have to go for Vodafone that the telephone they returned was not in the condition it was when it was sent and that we believe that they have caused additional damage. We shall then have to offer them options to replace it or to repair. Let's see how it goes. Your son is 15 years old. Does he take an interest in this kind of thing because it could be a useful lifeskills lesson for him.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

MBNA - PPI Claims - Advice required

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1860 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

first of all to say hello to all users. i am new here be gentle :). i have read the forum rules etc .

feel free to say hello and if i can help i will.

right down to the nitty gritty.

i have recently discovered i had ppi with mbna on 3 accounts out the 6 they told me i had in total

(possibly linked cards)

they are investigating the 3 they have told me about. is it worth me sending sar requests for the others. just read some old posts regarding dishonest mbna online. or am i barking up the wrong tree here.

grateful for any help or advice

all the best

Hi thanks for replying

They sent me 3 separate letters for each of the 3 cards they investigating. Tbh my initial phonecall the guy on the phone was helpful. He told me the 6 numbers and what years they were from and which had ppi. 1 of the 3 cards is from 2002 and the other 2 are from 2003.

I have got 3 standard no ppi on cards letter for the 3 that they told me had no ppi stating the obvious I know.

Any thoughts ?

I can call mbna in am and report back weather they all 1 account or separate

Thanks

Hello and Welcome rs500man,

I'd think it would be worth your while sending a SAR for all the information they have on you, cost you a £10 mind but could come up trumps.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hello and Welcome rs500man,

I'd think it would be worth your while sending a SAR for all the information they have on you, cost you a £10 mind but could come up trumps.

Yeah I will do. Will keep thread updated

Thanks for your time and reply. Appreciated

• 2 weeks later...
Had another letter saying will let me know by 12th October of any decision.on all accounts

Let's hope you get some good news.

See if they need to be sar'd .

Yes, It's always worth sending a SAR, more than likely the best £10 you'll ever spend.