£15k Debt, 7 Creditors, Can I Get It Reduced If I Pay In Full

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

though a CCA return that maybe compliant with the act does not mean its an agreement that will stand up in court

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok thanks for your advice, i will update my address with the creditors.

I have the default dates and they have all passed the 6 years term on my credit file.

So does that mean these are all statue barred? :)

I was in Scotland so the limit is 5 years.

I read in Step change website regarding the 5 years 'extinguished' debt in Scotland and it also says it can start from when 'The last time you wrote to the creditor acknowledging that you owed the debt' .

I dont know if that applies to me.

Also i was making token payments up until 1 year ago.

Barclaycard (originally Barclaycard credit card) = £2972 / default date 11/02/11

RBS Natwest cards (originally Ulsterbank credit card) = £2216 / default date 28/09/10

Moorgate Loan services (originally MBNA credit card) = £2997 / default date 31/01/11

Moorgate Loan Services (originally MBNA credit card) = £2555 / default date 31/12/10

LLoyds Bank (originally Bank of Scotland overdraught) = £2005 / default date 13/12/10

LLoyds Bank (originally Bank of Scotland credit card) = £1959 / default date 24/12/10

Link Financial Outsourcing (originally barclaycard credit card) = £904 / default date 10/12/10

though a CCA return that maybe compliant with the act does not mean its an agreement that will stand up in court

Ok many thanks for clearing this up ;)

can't be sB'd if you've been paying.

the CCa served two purposes

update address

and strict proof line.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

A court claim YES defo!!!

When was the last time you paid these token payments?

AND who was getting paid?

A written acknowledgement of owing a debt will reset the clock yes, as does token payments.

Have you been receiving 'statements of account' each year for each of the debts?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Yea just come straight here

You'll get all manner of clever letters

Which if you read them carefully and properly

Don't actually say they WILL be doing anything they threaten

The golden rule is..........

A DCA is NOT a BAILIFF

And never ever can be

They have absolutely no legal powers whatsoever

Other than what you or I have

The same goes for any doorsteppers from them

and they

• 1 month later...
I have received a letter from Moorcroft saying that a representative will call on the 4rth of next month it will be a MR H Nicely. Should i answer the door or should i pretend i dont live at this address?

IMO, if they ''DON'T'' turn up on the fourth, then make a complaint, and ''IF'' they do turn up, make a complaint.

Complain to your local MP. Ask them to look into the use of threatening language designed purely to intimidate alleged debtors in their own home.

I'd make sure I was in on that day, and I'd be ring moorcr@p every hour demanding to know why their powerless gopher hasn't arrived yet.

In essence, there is absolutely diddly squat one of their officious members of the public can do, tell them to jog on, as for pretending not to live at your address, what in gods name do you think that will achieve?

Nothing, don't be scared of these clowns, they are the ones running scared, because the public are getting savvy to their idle threats and hot air.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Well its 4.20pm and no sign of Mr Nicely so far.

I am afraid im very very busy,

i dont have time to harass these idiots the way i would like to,

im dealing with other things in life that stresses me,

i get worked up too easily and so i try to avoid talking to these numpties on the phone.

It not the same because you're not really allowed to swear any more ha ha.

I will take the advice given and ask them to leave and stop trespassing.

4.55, any sign of a crap rep?

how about invoicing them for the wasted time spent at home waiting for them :)

Lol "mr H nicely" Suuuuure. bet that guy doesnt exist.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Lol "mr H nicely" Suuuuure. bet that guy doesnt exist.

I think you are right because he never turned up. Maybe they are giving me a false sense of security ha ha.

4.55, any sign of a crap rep?

how about invoicing them for the wasted time spent at home waiting for them :)

Good idea. I will also bill them for the tea and biscuits i had waiting for MR Nicely he he.

• 3 months later...

now i want to buy a house and this has happened.

Good folks of CAG please advise :(

Your credit file sounds like a thing of beauty compared with mine, and I'm somehow getting a mortgage.

If you have a decent deposit, that will go a very long way to helping.

Here is what I have learnt,

1.Mortgage companies care about how good you have been in the last 12 months more than, cr*p that happened 5 years ago.

2. You might have to wait a few months after the default before you are eligible for the mortgage, no big deal house prices are stagnating anyway.

3. Pay day loans are the most toxic barriers to a mortgage, you will need to bay them off to be eligible, then wait for a further 3 months.

4. You will have to pay more interest than the average Joe, but still better than flushing it down the loo paying rent.

5. Deposit, Deposit, Deposit. This covers up a multitude of sins. If you can put down 20% you are hardly going to run off to Brazil at the first sign of trouble!

Hope this makes you feel better

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Many thanks for your reply and it does make me feel better to know you are getting a mortgage so well done. I can only manage about 10% deposit at the moment, i could get more but it would mean selling my car and i dont really want to do that right now.

Im a self employed contractor and so it looks like im needing to find a mortgage broker anyway so hopefully they can advise how the default might affect any application i make.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I have created 2 new topics one for each BC debt with link

please now post on those threads with any releveant updates to each from now on

dx

• Thanks 1

and they

which debt post on the right thread please

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

Yes, you can negotiate with them by using the company that I am spamming for – Backdoor Hires which is based in the USA, the UK and Australia.

I am a spammer and you would probably be best off avoiding any company which has to promote its business in this way

<a href= "https://www.backdoorhires.com/" > I spam for – Back Door Hire Solutions </a> 

Edited by BankFodder
Spammer identified and outed