Cabot chasing old OPUS debt with a 6yrs+ CCJ - Statute barred?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2784 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

The sent me a form dated 15th feb looking for 2 forms of id and I had to fill out more info on the form, most of which was on the cover letter anyway, what a load of nonsense.

So I have the reply ready to be sent tomorrow, They cashed the cheque on 24/01 but stated that the 40 days is from the receipt of my id???

I am not going to restart the clock, 40 days is up from when the signed for my sar.

I have a feeling tht they are going to be rather silly.......ah well

Hi

Unfortunately Citi informed me that the 40 days does not start until they receive any additional information they need. CITI certainly know how to flaunt this ruling.

On three occasions they waited thirty eight days then requested more information,

good luck

I sent the form and ID back to arrive yesterday morning, but in yesterdays post I received my statements with a cover letter saying that the id request will be required for the manual intervention details.

Anyway, did my calcs last night and mailed prelim today. a lot more than I expected, I wasn't such a good boy with one as I thought!! Claiming charges plus CI so adds up to a bit.

You'll need the manual interventions, though surprised that they have sent you your statements but not those.

Its just stalling, if you have a registerred account with them and they already send a monthly statement there - its a bit eronious to then request further ID.

YOU WILL NEED MANUAL INTERVENTION SHEETS, for your claim to cover a period when charges were made to your account.

However if they dont supply manual intervention sheets i've got the complaint forms for the Information Commissioners Office - and you can raise the issue of non-compliance with the judge if nothing materialises.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

As with everything, keep copies of everything sent to and from yourself.

If you have received your statements after providing ID, and they are requesting ID again for the manual intervention sheets - they are just wasting your time.

Write a letter of complaint to Citi because they shouldnt need more ID when you've already provided it, and they've supplied your statements. And another to the Information Commissioners Office (you can google and get the website) including a copy of your letter which you'll send to Citi attached.

Someone has said that they purged their manual intervention system, so everything pre-2006 is gone. Which is very naughty indeed.

However i'm going to write a letter as I did get my manual intervention sheets - and they prove that late payment charges are a fully automated process.

If you need any help let me know, the Allocation Questionnaire stage is the most important part for claimants - get in touch with me when you get to this stage.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

Ok, you should still request the Manual Intervention sheets if they are not included.... by writing to Citi stating that they havent fully complied with your request.

Then if you get no joy, which is highly likely, write to the Information Comissioners Office to make a complaint.

Allocation Questionnaire - this is a document that you will have to fill in that the court will send to you.

Received on 1/3, an acknowledment letter " we are looking in to it etc."

As a general guidline we aim to fulfil the following service timeline:

1. Acknowledge all complaints within 24 hours of receipt.

2. Provide a full written updae to you with 10 working days.

3. 80% of all section 75 claims o be remedied within 21 days, subject to verificaion.

4. We will kep you informed with the prgres of your complaint, however ifwe have not resolved your compaint after 4 weks, we will write to you with an explanation for the delay and when to expect a final response.

I assume this is the standard reply.

I am sending my LBA to reach them on the 6/3.

Yup, certainly is. Citi took 3 months to get back to me though!

NatWest - WON! £3350 Paid back

Vodafone - Default removed

Citicards - Judgement awarded for £1898, default remains though...for now....

Capital One- WON! Settled out of Court £392 + Default Removal!

Did you get any "manual intervention" sheets along with your copy statements when you requested them??????

If not contact Richard Cooke in writing, saying that they have not complied fully with your request.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Its like that Eversheds will file a defence on the behalf of Citi.

Eversheds are based in your home town funnily enough, in between the centre of Cardiff and the new Millenium centre..... drove past the building at the beginning of the year.

They'll be working off materials supplied to them by Citi.

When you have your AQ arrive get in touch with me, as I have materials that may help get the draft order adopted in your claim.

Citi will not validate their pre-estimate costs by providing a full breakdown of their charges which is requested by the draft order - which is half of the battle.

Yep, Citi can be tricky.... the thing with them though is they have really big holes in their defence.

If the draft order gets adopted you wont have to do a reply to their defence as they won't validate their charges - and there defence gets struck out. If the draft order isnt adopted then we'll handle it at that point.

• 1 month later...