Advice/Help request!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2782 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon,

First post on here and it might be a long one. I am in a bad situation with a car I brought, and need some help :)

At the end of July I brought a used car from a company in Derby (I live in Dorset) everything was great, easy to talk to etc etc could not be more helpful.

On the 14/08 I noticed a massive rise in running temp, i assumed faulty water pump etc, called the trader they said we need a proper diagnosis, this was done at my expense and the mechanic confirmed the head gasket had gone called them, told to get quotes for repairs again, in my time and at my expense I did this cheapest quote I got was £1200 (Boxer engine) they then said they wont pay this and to ship the car back to them for repair.

I did this, this time costing me £265 and half a day off of work to get it picked up. it arrived to them 01/09 since then they have had it in for inspection to see whats wrong with it (not like that was already done!) and it is still being inspected... I am no mechanic but when you see water and oil mixing in the reservoir its pretty obvious.

We were told to call Saturday afternoon to find out what was wrong and a lead time, we called at 1315 and was told they workshop had gone home and to call back Monday morning. We called got told to call back Wednesday... I sent an email to the owner who has said he will get back to me either today or tomorrow morning. That is the current state of affairs

Here is a log of emails I have sent and responses I have got...

23/07 firrst email sent regarding the car problems no reply

24/08 email sent to owner of company as we could not get him on the phone, with quote

24/08 *reply asking for car to be sent to them

30/08 email sent saying car will be picked up 31/08 delivery 01/09

01/09 email sent asking for lead time

05/09 email sent asking for lead time

05/09 *angry email from owner saying he will get back to me

What should I do about this? My wife is about 10 days off giving birth and were about 20mins drive away from the hospital with no car!

the faults have developed in under 6mts

you should not have to pay anything for shipping the car nor diagnostics etc for a start!

SOGA/CRA refers.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

the faults have developed in under 6mts

you should not have to pay anything for shipping the car nor diagnostics etc for a start!

SOGA/CRA refers.

dx

We had to really, we cannot be without a car so needed to get the ball rolling. We also dont have the money for any legal work :(

Thanks

Adam

yes sadly he does have the right to repair.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It won't cost them £1,200 if they don't count the labour. I hate these sort of businesses and their cowboy repairs.

Will they just use a Radweld type of sealer and hope that makes it look as if they have done the repair, if so it won't last very long.

If the head is warped, will they have it skimmed, you can bet your life no.

Will they use new head bolts as recommended by most manufacturers now, more than likely not.

Will they replace any seals and belts they disturb, very unlikely.

Coniff, unless, I've missed a few pages of further information, you have absolutely no evidence as to why a repairer may or may not do any of those last 4 points.

As usual, we do not have enough information yet to make an informed reply.

Generalisations are no help to anyone.

H

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

Don't try hiding the tricks of car salesmen and Arthur Daily sellers.

As you know from experience, a seller is going to do the cheapest job he can get away with. No way will he make a loss if there is a cheaper way to avoid it.