lowell/lowell solicitors claimform - old studio cat 'debt'.

leigh04
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2607 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still nothing from lowells or their solicitor

The norm.....start looking at some previous successful defences in the Financial Legal Success Forum.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

33 days

what defence did you file please?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

My defence was submitted and accepted on the 6th of sept, no response from lowell or the courts, what date would the claim be stayed?

Have you not had an acknowledgement from the court you defence has been received?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

9th September I received a letter from the court stating my defence had been received

Well look again at that letter...it explains all what happens if the claimant does not respond to your defence within 28 days leigh

It just states that if the dispute cannot be resolved informally the claimant will inform the court that they wish to proceed and then the court will notify me what will happen.

If they wish to proceed the claimant must contact the court with 28 days after receiving a copy of my defence.After that period has elapsed the claim will be stayed. The only action the claimant can then take will be to apply to a judge for an order lifting the stay

So does this mean I will have to ring the bulk centre and find out If the claim gas been stayed?

It just states that if the dispute cannot be resolved informally the claimant will inform the court that they wish to proceed and then the court will notify me what will happen.

If they wish to proceed the claimant must contact the court with 28 days after receiving a copy of my defence.After that period has elapsed the claim will be stayed. The only action the claimant can then take will be to apply to a judge for an order lifting the stay

So does this mean I will have to ring the bulk centre and find out If the claim gas been stayed?

No ...obviously they have not contacted the court within 28 days ..so its stayed.....if they had you would have received a Proposed Notice of Allocation to Small Claims Track (DQ Directions Questionnaire N180)...by now.

Its your choice if you wish to ring them..if it makes you happy...but the court will tell you the same...unless we write further to you the claim is stayed..as per your quote above

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE*

Lowells has responded to the cca request and sent me the cca agreement dated 2010, no default notice and a statement of account.

They are stating that as a court claim was started Aug 2016 I must respond to the claim if not they will get a CCJ against me by default.

I've already defended the claim and it's currently stayed!!

left leg right arm syndrome

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

For a CCA request it has to be a true copy of the terms you signed up to. It does not need to be an actual copy of the document that was issued to you, for agreements taken out after April 2007.

It has to contain the full terms of your responsibilities and their responsibilities under the CCA. So the interest rate you had at the start or if variable how this would be advised to you. Payment requirements, cancellation rights. The CCA documents are pretty standard these days, so unlikely one from 2010 would contain any big error.

For a 2010 CCA, the creditor issuing the court claim does not need to provide the original or a copy of the CCA. They simply need to evidence a debt under the CCA which you defaulted on. So you can challenge to make their case by proving what they have said in the particulars of claim. You can also challenge any excess late payment charges applied by the original creditor.

https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/handbook/CONC/13/1.html

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Also hundreds of threads here to read too

Is my agreement enforceable etc

Scan it up

and they

Will upload cca in a bit.

According to studio my sar request was sent out to me on the 18th Aug 2016 BUT I have not received it , I have a feeling they have sent it to my old address even tho I specifically stated my current address for it to be sent too. Am I right in asking for it to be resent to my current address without having to pay the 10 pound again?

Will upload cca in a bit.

According to studio my sar request was sent out to me on the 18th Aug 2016 BUT I have not received it , I have a feeling they have sent it to my old address even tho I specifically stated my current address for it to be sent too. Am I right in asking for it to be resent to my current address without having to pay the 10 pound again?

Yes get it sent to your new address, if you advised them of it in your request,

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread