Help regarding Harlands

otbclear
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2781 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you for the reply Slick :-) and help much appreciated

I'm needing a bit of help with regards to Xcercise4less/Harlands.

My Husband opened a contract for himself ,me and our 17 year old son.

1.May 2015

2.yearly contract for us both.. and rolling contract for our son and he's still at school.

3. I cancelled mine 27July 16. giving them 30 days notice online form as was advised with their manager.

a payment came out 9.99 on 21 Aug 16. therefore my contract should be finished. On the form your advised not to cancel the DD which we haven't done at the moment it remains active.

I cancelled ours sons one and they said they couldn't find the cancellation form for that. They took a payment for his on the 2nd Aug. £14.99

After emailing the manager he said we would need to cancel again, so did this on 11th Aug .

I received confirmation this time and have kept both confirmations. A payment came out on the 2nd Sept therefore I consider this cancelled. again DD remains active.

now the bombshell that hit us yesterday was that they have defaulted the 2 accounts and we will be receiving a letter from Harlands this week with admin charges.. I'm dumbfounded to the reason they can do this? especially no missed payments and active DD still running!

I've fully done everything required by X4L!

I went into the gym today with My husband and demanded to speak to someone in charge and the Person although not management was really helpful but couldn't explain the default scenario he just says it happens! I explained this has caused a lot of stress and anxiety and frustration.:-x

I gave him copies of all the emails ect.. he said he would deal with it all tomorrow through customer support.

my question - what do I do from here? just sit and wait ?:x

how can they possibly add an admin charge? he told us when Harlands letter comes in rip it up ..

any help much appreciated Guys

kind regards

otb

Hi Otbclear and I'm glad you've now managed to start your thread here after your PM to me earlier.

Just so this makes sense, I asked you to give us info when you started your own thread, namely :-

When you can start the thread, let me know :-

Date you joined

Minimum length of m/ship

Reason if leaving before the min required term

Date and method of giving notice to quit

Date DD is taken each month

Date your last DD was paid

I strongly suggest you cancel the DD mandate(s) immediately as Harlands will continue to take payments saying X4Less have not told Harlands of any cancellation. They would also take any admin fees they say you should pay, whether you agree to such fees or not.

Read other threads here and you'll see you have no need to worry about the demands from Harlands/CRS. It's not right but they routinely chase for m/ship fees plus admin fees when they say the gym has no trace of your cancellation, or the gym's failed to tell Harlands. They'll do anything to deny or delay a cancellation and then hound you for there charges.

Se the guide here about cancelling to ensure you did what was required - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?452671-Cancelling-your-Gym-Agreement-Get-it-right-!(1-Viewing)-nbsp

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Dealing with YOUR m/ship first, you have done it right allowing the 21st August payment to be taken after the cancellation notice was given on 27th July. But you must now cancel this DD Mandate immediately.

For your son's m/ship, when did you give them notice and by what means. If they've taken a further DD that was not due, we'll advise that you reclaim it via your bank using the DD Guarantee Scheme.

For YH's m/ship, you make no mention of this being cancelled so is it still active and being used.

Finally, was there a separate DD mandate for each of the 3 m/ships ?

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Dealing with YOUR m/ship first, you have done it right allowing the 21st August payment to be taken after the cancellation notice was given on 27th July. But you must now cancel this DD Mandate immediately.

For your son's m/ship, when did you give them notice and by what means. If they've taken a further DD that was not due, we'll advise that you reclaim it via your bank using the DD Guarantee Scheme. - I have no proof I cancelled this online, I assumed I never cancelled correctly.re-cancelled on 11th of August.. have proof of this. and they took 14.99 on 2nd Sep.

For YH's m/ship, you make no mention of this being cancelled so is it still active and being used.

MH membership is still active as he uses the gym Daily.

Finally, was there a separate DD mandate for each of the 3 m/ships ?

yes. 3 separate mandates.

Sorry Slick not 100 % sure how to do the quotes.. apologies if this doesn't make sense :oops:

Edited by slick132
changed your answers to RED

Hi Otb,

You need to work out quickly which is YH's DD mandate. A copy of his m/ship agreement and his bank statement should assist in this.

When you are sure which mandates relate to your own and YS's, cancel them both immediately.

Do not fret about whether you have proof that you cancelled YS's m/ship. X4Less have such an appalling reputation for failing to action cancellations, they are unable to defend your assertion that you DID cancel when you say you did.

What date do you think you cancelled YS's m/ship using their online system.

Hi Slick,

will check this out our with our bank in the morning. I have looked at our dd online tonight but they're both £ 9.99 and come out same day:| 21 rst of the month normally. but both seperate:???:

I cancelled MS online on the 11th August have printed off proof of this and also proof of the "sorry to see you leave" email they sent.

a payment was taken for his on the 2nd Sep.. his I can cancel no problem I can do this through our line banking.

cheers again

otb

Hi OBT,

Good ! Canel YS's DD now.

Try to work out which is YOUR DD mandate and cancel it before the next pay't is due. To be safe, make this happen by 15th Sept or your could end up paying again.

Even if they take an unauthorised m/ship fee, you can reclaim it using the DD Guarantee Scheme.

Edited by slick132
typos

Hi Slick,

had a look at the DD on our bank statement it's a serial number we don't know which DD is who's.. both numbers same and come same day!

I went into XfL today, it turns out the online form I filled out with the W-number belongs to MH and not MS! surely they must have realised my mistake with MS name and d.o.b.? not corresponding therefore they are trying to cancel MH.

I'm stressed to the Max with it all!

I said to X4L manager I can cancel our DD then ?? he was insistent I used the wrong w number which they go by not the name.. and said I can't cancel that's where customers go wrong.. what do I do from here?

otb

Hi OTB,

If you're not sure which DD is which, cancel them all. Otherwise Harlands will continue to use the DD's to take fees that they maintain are due.

Have YH tell the gym he's had to cancel his DD and needs to re-instate it WITHOUT starting a new 12 monthly agreement.

Don't get stressed about this !! We're here to help you sort it out and we've been helping unhappy X4Less gum members for many years !! :wink: