style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2777 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have a read of this link on Tenancy Deposit Protection: https://www.gov.uk/tenancy-deposit-protection/overview

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

It is the law that your landlord or agent should have told you how your deposit is being protected when you first paid your deposit. Either an insurance-backed scheme will be used or the DPS scheme in which DPS holds your money will be used.

DPS used to pay interest on the deposits they held - but that was before rates fell so far. The DPS scheme that holds the deposit costs no money for the landlord or the tenant.

On the other hand, insurance-backed schemes run by DPS, TDS and others rely on payment of a fee for an insurance policy, and the landlord or agent keeps the actual deposit money. If there is an argument about the deposit at the end of the tenancy, the insurance policy essentially pays for the cost of resolving the argument.

If you think it is wrong you need to argue with your landlord either for interest to be paid or the deposit to be returned...