Contempt of court for not attending questioning about my financial situation

Edward012
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2838 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm newbie here so sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place

I lost an employment tribunal case against an employer and individuals.

I was ordered to pay £30k and once that happened I left the UK .

. I left the address, email and mobile.

I recently got to see one of my old friends

he told me that the employer and individuals followed things up

and got an order from the court for alternative way of serving the orders .

. He said that it seems like they were sending the orders by email which I do not have access to

and they will get an arrest warrant for not attending the hearing as per one of the orders.

As he said the hearing was about questioning about my financial situation !!

I'm actually in the dark and I have been out of the country for almost a year

and have no idea about what is going on and I never received anything .

.. Is it actually possible to accuse me of "Contempt of court" in such a situation

Hello and Welcome,

I've moved this thread to our Financial Legal Issues forum, hopefully you will get some help shortly.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I believe that before a contempt of court would be considered that an officer of the court would have to personally serve notice on you to attend court for questionning. If they did that, then it would be quite reasonable to see that your were ignoring a request from a Judge.

I don't believe that until you are actually in contempt of a court that there would be any arrest warrant issued, which would cause problems if you were found back in the UK.

That is what i have read, but others who are more knowledgeable may respond.

Edit - i have just checked and you have to be personally served with a court order by a process server ( does not need to be officer of court) to attend x court on x date/time. As this won't have bedn possible, then nothing will happen until they trace you in the UK.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

don't think that's quite correct

they can serve by posting it through the door of your last known address

after they have tries numerous times to post in person.

doesn't matter really anyway.

you are not in the UK

so whatever they have done

all you need to do is inform the court you are currently not resident in the uk.

nulls almost everything to do with whatever they are trying to do.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

don't think that's quite correct

they can serve by posting it through the door of your last known address

after they have tries numerous times to post in person.

doesn't matter really anyway.

you are not in the UK

so whatever they have done

all you need to do is inform the court you are currently not resident in the uk.

nulls almost everything to do with whatever they are trying to do.

My reading is that the n39 order to attend court for questioning must be personally served by process server. This is what it says on the Compact law website. It says it can't go to last address. I have not done a link, as CAG has previously not accepted link to the website. But if you google civil debt, contempt of court, you will see it.

I think that because it can lead to contempt of court and possibly prison, it must be hand served in person to the debtor.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thank you guys :-) ... If anyone else have more information about the issue I would really appreciate their help.

I also have another question. Can I file bankruptcy while I'm out of the UK or Do I have to be in the UK to do it .. It is highly unlikely that I will get back to the UK in the near future but as an alternative can I do it abroad and if so will it work in the UK?

Thank you guys :-) ... If anyone else have more information about the issue I would really appreciate their help.

I also have another question. Can I file bankruptcy while I'm out of the UK or Do I have to be in the UK to do it .. It is highly unlikely that I will get back to the UK in the near future but as an alternative can I do it abroad and if so will it work in the UK?

Yes you can file for UK Bankruptcy from abroad within 3 years of leaving the UK. Have a read of various sites by searching for bankruptcy from abroad. I think it costs more, but it is possible.

Thread moved to General Legal Issues

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Edward, what you have posted on #1 is very brief and uninformative with no real information to work with.

it would benefit the team if you could expand and state the events in some sort of order so we have a crystal clear picture of whats going on, its only with full information that you can receive a full response

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Thank you very much that is really helpful :-D :-D ... I started the Bankruptcy procedure .. I'm just wondering if I managed to be get the Bankruptcy approval before the hearing do I still need to attend the hearing to obtain information ?

What hearing ?

If you are not in the UK, they cannot have served court order on you to attend any hearing. You can't attend any hearing you don't know about and any creditor not following correct procedure is wasting their time.

If you have someone working on bankruptcy for you, then you just let them get on with it.