Park with Ease Brockholes Unfair Parking invoices **WON CANCELLED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2752 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Oddfellow. I have just received the following email from PWE

Thank you for your email. We have checked the records and there is no payment made against your registration. Due to this we cannot accept your appeal

You can pay your parking charge notice online at www.parkwithease.co.uk or by sending a cheque or postal order to Park with Ease Ltd, Unit F2, The Court, Kestrel Road, Trafford Park, Manchester, M17 1SF

The Independent Appeals Service (www.theIAS.org) provides an Alternative Dispute Resolution scheme for disputes of this type. As you have complied with our internal appeals procedure you may use, and we will engage with, the IAS Standard Appeals Service providing you lodge an appeal to them within 21 days of this rejection.

If you believe this decision is incorrect, you are entitled to appeal to the Independent Appeals Service (IAS). In order to appeal the IAS will need your parking charge number, your vehicle registration and the date the charge was originally issued.

Not impressed with their appeal instructions.

In the meantime brockholes have admitted that a payment of £6 was made against a registration very similar to mine -they won't tell me the exact info entered- so clearly it was human error but that registration almost like mine paying £6 at the right time couldn't appear on their vehicle recognition systems of a vehicle leaving -- - so much for ethics.

I had had the car less than 2 weeks when I visited Brockholes, never come across a system like this before, - 2 young children locked in a car a few hundred metres away -- no wonder I made a mistake and I don't know yet but I will guess that I typed in SY instead of PY at the beginning -- SY being my previous car -

Going to look up the IAS appeals system now and would appreciate any advice.

Should I reply to PWE telling them what Brockholes just told me or should I go straight to the IAS

Ethical + private parking company = oxymoron

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just look at the IAS appeals system - I cannot find any contact details or phone number. I do not want to make an online appeal, I want to do it in writing posted with a requirement for them to sign for it. Can anyone help?

email pwe with what you have said above

don't waste money on IAS

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Replied to PWE as suggested and got automated reply:

Thank You for contacting Park With Ease.

We aim to deal with all appeals within 7 days.

Please note that all appeals are dealt with via email or in writing we cannot discuss appeals by phone

There does not appear to be another email address for communications so I shall have to wait and see if they respond.

In the meantime,

if I have to make an appeal – this is difficult.

IAS seem to only work online – cannot see and address, email address or telephone number.

I treid clicking on their “contact button” – this encouraged me to register

– reluctantly I did so and was told an email verification would be sent.

I got a password reset email.

Tried to log on anyway – got message saying I need to respond to the email verification message, which I haven’t received.

(yes I checked spam folder)

I am reluctant to do anything of this importance online because I have an old slow computer working on an outdated windows system (vista), living in an area of poor internet connection.

My connection sometimes “times out” before I can complete complicated forms.

Even this message – is being typed in Word and will be copied and pasted to avoid being time out.

Will see if they respond tomorrow in the meantime preparing my appeal to ISA

- then need to be asking advice about this “contract” I inadvertently entered by parking at Brockholes.

(already made a small contribution to this website

– can see I’ll have to donate more

– certainly prefer to pay here than to pay unscrupulous companies claiming to be ethical)

OK so I entered a contract on parking

– I entered a contract to pay

- seems I made an error in typing in my reg number

but there can be no doubt that a sum of £6 (max daily fee) was paid to a car registration which probably does not exist

(likely to be an accidental mix of my old car and new one

– see above if anyone doesn’t follow this).

My contract is to pay –

surely no court would doubt that I paid so the landowner has received correct amount.

Does my contract also include entering my registration number properly if I was not advised on the dangers of making an error?

(by the way 20 mins has passed and my pc has frozen on the net

– but working perfectly in word

– when it does this, I have no way of knowing if it has sent and incomplete and uncorrected message.

How can I possibly complete an appeal online

GUESS WHAT – WHILE TRYING TO SEND THIS MESSAGE I GOT A MESSAGE FROM THE FORUM WEBSITE

Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please reload the window.

recived email from PWE

Thank you for your email. The registration is not similar to your vehicle however we will on this occasion cancel your charge. Should this happen again the charge will not be cancelled

I consider the reply to be lacking in grace and inappropriate for an ethical company's response to a genuine human error - had their response been nicer I would have been more appreciative and apologetic for my stupid but understandable error. I know how similar the reg was because a brockholes employee told me exactly which letters coincided so PWE take that and stuff it where you want-- and any court would have accepted the similarity as well you know.. PWE if you are trawling these forums as I believe you are.. Your systems are very flawed. Your concept of ethics does not coincide with mine.

On the other hand many many thanks to whoever set up this forum and to the members who provided me with support and advice.

hey great news

dx

The Consumer Action Group needs help to cover its expenses.

You could help by making a money contribution to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

or by downloading our toolbar and using it to search the web instead of your normal search engine:- http://consumeractiongroup.co.uk/cag_plugin.php

Please help.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes I replied to them

- sadly before I found this forum

-- as you say I may well have destroyed any protection I had -

- I admitted being the driver and parking and angrily said I had paid -

- commented on various things but should I offer the information publicly?

Can attach my letter to pm or something if that is any use.

No I do not think being a pensioner is an excuse for anything

(but on the other hand when and if I write to the local papers etc I may well mention this )

I suspect I have little chance of succeeding from the info I have seen here and on other sites

- and quite possibly lost the slim chance I had by responding in anger before finding this forum.

Nevertheless I will not give up easily..

I know I paid -

- as apparently did others (who have then coughed up the fine).

Somewhere along the line I have faith that honesty and good win out

-- maybe not for me -

- but for others.

So I will fight as far as I can and I will publicise my issues as widely as I can -

- There is clearly something wrong.

. there cannot be so many complaints about car parking fines without a good deal of right on the side of the complainers

just so later readers don't get befuddled ...

you use the word FINE twice here..

just to be 100% clear on this...IT IS NOT A FINE.

private parking cannot fine you

only police/council/ etc can.

this is where so MANY media outlets and the internet get these things wrong

the word FINE should never ever be used in relating to a private parking ticket.

dx

and they

recived email from PWE

Thank you for your email. The registration is not similar to your vehicle however we will on this occasion cancel your charge. Should this happen again the charge will not be cancelled

I consider the reply to be lacking in grace and inappropriate for an ethical company's response to a genuine human error - had their response been nicer I would have been more appreciative and apologetic for my stupid but understandable error. I know how similar the reg was because a brockholes employee told me exactly which letters coincided so PWE take that and stuff it where you want-- and any court would have accepted the similarity as well you know.. PWE if you are trawling these forums as I believe you are.. Your systems are very flawed. Your concept of ethics does not coincide with mine.

On the other hand many many thanks to whoever set up this forum and to the members who provided me with support and advice.

Well done for persevering and thank you for letting us know. :D

I understand how you feel about their response, it is ungracious, but you're not dealing with ethical people here. It's a classic gesture of goodwill, isn't it?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Congratulations for sticking with this. Just goes to show how easy it is to make a mistake (if one existed at the time) and how easy it is for PWE to attempt to benefit from this.

Park With Ease...NOT!

I took it upon myself to contact Lancashire Wildlife trust regarding this issue. Granted it was only yesterday but you would have thought they would respond promptly. Nah!

I may just involve their press team if I get nothing from LWT.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I am just now planning my further action

- have sent an FOI request to DVLA to see if I can find out how many keeper requests PWE ask for.

Have also sent DVLA a personal letter (given that info requested is outwith FOI)

asking when PWE asked for and received my details

(I did this because PWEs initial demand was out of time under Protection of Freedoms Act 2012

but I didn't understand those implications at the time.

Also want to know how DVLA can prove that unscrupulous companies do not benefit from getting personal details

and using them for purposes other than the reason requested.

(not that I hold out hope for any real reassurance there)

Will also be writing to Brockholes and LWT including a suggestion that their payment machine should be linked to ANPR -

ie if someone makes a mistake

- the machine should know that no such vehicle reg was captured on entry

and provide a message like: "sorry that registration has been entered incorrectly, please try again"

Additionally will ask Brockholes and LWT

how they can ignore what appear to be a huge number of complaints about the system.

Possibly write to MP to encourage him to raise or support the issue.

and so on and so forth until I get fed up..

.one of the great advantages of being retired is that I can make time to fight injustice.

I feel for those who just cannot fight for whatever reason.

The requirement under PoFA when they are using ANPR data (rather than ticketing the windscreen) is that they SEND the NTK to you within 14 days from the day after the alleged contravention. They may well have applied to DVLA for the keeper information within the required timeframe.

I'm not trying to defend PWE, simply stating what their duties are under PoFA

I am just now planning my further action - have sent an FOI request to DVLA to see if I can find out how many keeper requests PWE ask for. Have also sent DVLA a personal letter (given that info requested is outwith FOI) asking when PWE asked for and received my details (I did this because PWEs initial demand was out of time under Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 but I didn't understand those implications at the time.

Also want to know how DVLA can prove that unscrupulous companies do not benefit from getting personal details and using them for purposes other than the reason requested. (not that I hold out hope for any real reassurance there)

Will also be writing to Brockholes and LWT including a suggestion that their payment machine should be linked to ANPR - ie if someone makes a mistake - the machine should know that no such vehicle reg was captured on entry and provide a message like: "sorry that registration has been entered incorrectly, please try again" Additionally will ask Brockholes and LWT how they can ignore what appear to be a huge number of complaints about the system. Possibly write to MP to encourage him to raise or support the issue.

and so on and so forth until I get fed up...one of the great advantages of being retired is that I can make time to fight injustice. I feel for those who just cannot fight for whatever reason.

Excellent plan of action and it can never do harm. Don't expect the DVLA to be as forthcoming as you want. They don't like people questioning their practices and the millions they make from it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

The requirement under PoFA when they are using ANPR data (rather than ticketing the windscreen) is that they SEND the NTK to you within 14 days from the day after the alleged contravention. They may well have applied to DVLA for the keeper information within the required timeframe.

I'm not trying to defend PWE, simply stating what their duties are under PoFA

I appreciate that - and also realise that DVLA may claim not to be able to provide the information (being personal it cannot be FOI) but if they did apply within the timescale, they then failed to get it to me within the timescale. It is just a question of accumulating evidence to force them to act according to what they state on their web site:

Park with Ease is the UKs ethical parking management system. Its aim is simple; to make parking as simple and fair as possible and eradicate the issues associated with traditional parking systems such as fines and penalties

Park with Ease is the UKs ethical parking management system. Its aim is simple; to make parking as simple and fair as possible and eradicate the issues associated with traditional parking systems such as fines and penalties

You gotta be kidding me, right? It's like comparing salt-water and fresh-water crocs!!!

there is no time scale for anyone applying to obtain keeper details,

just that PWE have access to a computer system that gives them instant info

and they are authorised to use this IF they follow the rules.

they will have lied about the request being under PoFA if they are late

and in essence they then have no reason to do so.

Nothing to do with FOI,

you can request to know who has accessed YOUR data, when and why.

If PWE have lied you complain to the DVLA and the the ICO

The FOI request will only be relevant if you are capable of doing some serious number crunching

and then publish it later, best leave that to someone else.

If you dont get the info about your data there will be nothing to look at in a years time when that FOI request is submitted and will be meaningful.

I see that there is some data already publicly available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/who-dvla-shares-data-with but I do not see PWE listed in the ADD document. maybe I am looking in wrong place or maybe their requests appear under another name

I see that there is some data already publicly available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/who-dvla-shares-data-with but I do not see PWE listed in the ADD document. maybe I am looking in wrong place or maybe their requests appear under another name

It may be because PWE generally do manual applications rather than the automated access other companies have.

Bit more info one PWE

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07919606

Basically a one man band.

Oh dear Oh dear....their email "cancelling" the invoice received Monday 5th September but a further invoice dated 7th September has been sent out claiming:

The above charge is now outstanding, payment in full should be made within 14 days to prevent legal action being taken. It is imperative payment is made within 14 days to prevent further action.

I intend to print out all emails to them and return with the invoice (copy) and no other comment-- is the the best course of action?

NO, let them waste their time and money. If they do issue a claim you have the perfect defence and they have wasted £50!

When you say "issue a claim" do you mean, let them take me to court? I haven't gone down the IAS route - seems to be a farce from what I have read here and PWE sent me the email cancelling the charge anyway. Given that the right hand does not seem to know what the left hand is doing (in what appears to be little more than a one man band, so there can't be that many right hands or left hands.). what should I expect their next move to be?

Have no desire to waste time with a court

but fortunately at my age a CCJ would mean nothing to me (past age of needing mortgage or credit)

and anyway I do think a sheriff;s court (as we have up here) is most appropriate for cowboys.

Doubt any of them actually realise where I live

- rather remote

- up here a road block is a flock of sheep or a herd of cows

(can be arranged:-) but I did not jest when I said the BBC quite like quaint events up here

- will have to prime friends of friends

- and of course the BBC have done several programmes on radio and TV on this contentious issue.

Never an issue up here - only 2 paying car parks within 130 miles that I know of

- council owned simple pay and display.