New Kitchen - Integrated Freezer issue

Chancerz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2786 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I hope someone can shed some light on this situation.

We bought a new kitchen from a company called Kutchen Haus / Nobilia.

My kitchen fitters began to fit the kitchen without too much problem bar a few missing parts. When it came to fitting the integrated fridge and freezer thats where the problem begins. My fitters unwrapped the freezer and fitted it into the unit and discarded the packaging. When they unwrapped what they thought was the fridge they realised it was actually another freezer! The second freezer was a better freezer so we decided to keep that and purchase a fridge from elsewhere as the company would take up to 6 weeks to get me the fridge i wanted.

Kutschen Haus were ok with this however they said they were only willing to take back the original Freezer and provide a refund if it was in its full packaging.

My problem is that my fitters threw away the packaging so where does that leave me? the freezer is brand new and has not even been plugged in! (it does have a couple scratches on either side from where the fitters took it in and out of the unit it was fitted in).

My argument is that if they had sent the correct fridge and freezer in the first instance we wouldn't have this problem as the fitters would have fitted both.

What are my rights in this situation? any help and advice is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Kutschen Haus were ok with this however they said they were only willing to take back the original Freezer and provide a refund if it was in its full packaging.

My problem is that my fitters threw away the packaging so where does that leave me? the freezer is brand new and has not even been plugged in! (it does have a couple scratches on either side from where the fitters took it in and out of the unit it was fitted in).

My argument is that if they had sent the correct fridge and freezer in the first instance we wouldn't have this problem as the fitters would have fitted both.

Kutschen Haus have said that they are prepared to refund you if you return the item in the condition that you received it in, except its now been damaged by your fitters and you have thrown away the packaging?

Why should Kutschen Haus offer you a refund for a damaged un-saleable item? True, they made a mistake in the order, but flip side is you did not check the order (I would assume that the items were labelled) and you did not look after the item that was in your care.

Understandably you wish to use your consumer rights in this matter, however with right comes responsibilities; and I would say that you have failed in them.

It is easier to enter a rich man than for a camel to pass a needle

That's fair enough!

It is hard however to get a freezer into a integrated unit and level it up properly without pulling it in and out again etc…

With regards to checking the items - they were checked upon delivery. When i told Kutchen Haus they had delivered the wrong item they took the item code and it matched the code in their system. They then said that the item code was incorrect on their system therefore their mistake!

I totally understand your point of view. I guess i may just have to sell it on ebay. However it is annoying.. if they had delivered the correct items in the first place the fitters would not of had to pull the freezer out of the unit again thus causing it to catch a little on the hinges of the unit :|