BA i360 Brighton security searches

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2786 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you are thinking of visiting the BA i360 in Brighton

I would suggest reading “Tripadvisor “ reports and in particular low rating ones first .

I believe there is a member of staff acting outside accepted parameters for security searching , in that this person appears to delight in searching ladies personal belongings , in one report the lady had to stop this person removing her underwear from her bag , clearly this sort of search of ladies personal belongings should only be carried out by a Female member of staff , it is not .

This member of staff also is surly and combative if he is challenged when carrying out searches , in my case he was handling my photographic equipment bag in a rough way and I asked him to stop , which resulted in a threat of not allowing me in the attraction .

I have written to the Communication Manager at the BA i360 , but as yet not had the curtesy of a reply.

BA i360 have a Twitter account. You could tweet them.

Security staff whether they are male or female will check bags of opposite sex. Male security staff are not allowed to carry out physical searches on females for obvious reasons.

I would expect them to carefully check peoples belongings so they don't cause damage.

Given that BA might be considered a medium risk target, i suspect that the security has to be thorough. Therefore any complaint will just state that security staff are trained to work to certain standards and sorry if you thought they were over zealous. It will be something like that.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

To a certain extent I understand what you are saying

I have visited some high profile tourist sites in the USA and other countries , been through airport security , but never had this sort of scrutiny .

Also my problem is with an individual , who, I believe, is overstepping the mark with regard to his need to delve into ladies bags .

This is not just my view , I refer you back to Tripadviser reviews