EOS-5D

Death of a mother who sent a child for adoption

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1148 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello All

A friend of ours mother passed away last year. She sent our friend for adoption when he was 9 months old. His mother then had a daughter, who was fostered out. After this, the mother moved to the USA and had 3 further children, which she raised herself.

The family in the USA have distributed the cash and other belongings between them, however there is a mortgage free house in the USA, which the family want to dispose of.

Would my friend, as the eldest child have a claim for a share of the house, despite being sent out for adoption

many thanks in advance

EOS-5D

CAG Toolbar downloaded :D

surely as the eldest child its his? or atleast a part?

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

If he was officially adopted then no he would not be entitled to anything

If he was officially adopted then no he would not be entitled to anything

This is my understanding from decades ago as well. all rights/responsibilities end on adoption from originator etc?????

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

This is my understanding from decades ago as well. all rights/responsibilities end on adoption from originator etc?????

That is what I have seen onTV programes like heir hunter

hehe funny I thought i'd watched the opposite

funny life..

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

I've been on the other side and inherited a portion of an estate from an adopted (into the family) cousin. The pre-adoption family were not entitled here in the UK. There was an element of USA involvement with part of the estate and I know some of the American arm of the pre-adoption family started legal action because of 'grandparents right' or something along those lines. I have no idea if they succeeded, I was one of around 20 who inherited something and wasn't directly involved. You'd need advice from a US lawyer. The estate in the USA did include a house.