22 year old student loan Erudio now capquest

Pickles18

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2059 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes those old student loans pre 1998 are subject to limitations act, so are statute barred. That would only stop being the case, had you deferred in writing each year since or made payments, meaning that 6 years had not passed without acknowledgement or payment.

Which DCA is writing to you ?

I ask, as it might inform whether to ignore or write back advising that the debt is statute barred.

It is an unenforceable debt you don't have to pay, but some DCA's are silly enough to issue court claims after hassling people, hoping for a default judgement.

• Haha 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I would tend to write back just saying that this relates to a student loan arranged back in 1994 for which you have had no contact with Student Loans or any other company since. That because it relates to an old style pre 1998 loan, that it is subject to limitations and as it is statute barred, you will not enter in further correspondence regarding it. Ask them to confirm in writing that they will not contact you again.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread