Co-op overcharged.

Consumer dude
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2757 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not for the first time but I have been overcharged on a food shop at my local co-op. It took me almost 15 mins to have £1.00 returned to my card so have just sent an email to request some vouchers, what are my chances of getting some kind of redress for shoddy service..

Prob nothing since its only a quid.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Doesnt matter. its a quid. They MIGHT give an apology but dont count on anything of worth

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Doesnt matter. its a quid. They MIGHT give an apology but dont count on anything of worth

I won't count on anything but I can vent my frustrations and shame them on line if I wish, as long as what I say is the truth then that is fine..

I won't count on anything but I can vent my frustrations and shame them on line if I wish, as long as what I say is the truth then that is fine..

I'd agree and like you both say a quid's a quid.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I'd agree and like you both say a quid's a quid.

Thank you, the thing is this sort of thing happens to me a lot and I don't have to put up with it, I had all my shopping on the Counter as I went to clarify if I was right or not and when I got indoors I sent an email to them to vent my feelings..

and how many people don't check what amount they have to pay and just pay it anyway.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

and how many people don't check what amount they have to pay and just pay it anyway.

Yes and I understand why, because it can feel humiliating to stand up for your self in public but I've gone past that stage of worrying about that..

This has happened to me loads of times at the Co-Op... the usual [problem] is to advertsie stuff as a special offer, price displayed on the shlf, then when you look at the till receipt, they have charged the 'normal' price... they say, oh, that offer has finished now... so why leave the wrong details on the shelves?!

They are banking on people not checking, I suppose... TB

Yes and I understand why, because it can feel humiliating to stand up for your self in public but I've gone past that stage of worrying about that..

Haha!! Ols age is great... I have forgotten what it feels like to be embarrassed... TB

If they think a pound does not matter ask if you can take one out of their till. I thought there was an offence of charging more at the till than the goods were priced for. My local Tesco used to be very bad at this.

It's unlawful… doesn't stop them trying it on though… this has happened to me so many times! TB