Default on an EE mobile account.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2786 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last year,

I had come to the end of my contract with EE mobile and because I believed I had been paying in advance I requested a final itemised statement of how the final bill was worked out

but all I was getting was the final amount with no other explanation,

the account was passed to a DCA and then passed backed to EE

after which confirmation that the account was closed

and they was not chasing the alleged debt.

I had since found out that EE have placed the account in default on my credit file,

how can I get this removed ?..

Did they not contact you about the final bill? Did you actually pay it?

Raise a complaint, send a SAR to get any evidence that they have erred and use this against them, deal in writing or record the calls

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Paying it or not won't get the default removed unless EE agree to to do so. All you will get is a 'settled' marker.

If you have complained to the Ombudsman without going through EE's complaints procedure then the Ombudsman will refer you back to them before they can act.

If you feel the default is wrong, you can place a notice of correction (up to 200 words) alongside the default. How much are we talking about?

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

The amount is small, just over £40.00 (forty pounds), I have just received a letter from call credit to state that they are unable to amend an entry without permission, further they say the disputed entry will remain suppressed from my credit report. What does suppressed mean in this context ?..

As you have disputed this entry, they seem to have hidden it to all but you until they either get permission to remove it or they are told it is correct when it will be made public again

When you entered the contract, you gave EE permission to share your data. As there appears to be a dispute where they say you still owe them, the account is not fully closed and as such, they can still access your credit file.

You should be able to see a copy of the terms and conditions on their site. As a mobile contract is not covered by the CCA 1974, there is no law that can force them to divulge the contract even though it could be classed as personal data and unlikely to be provided under a SAR

As a mobile contract is not covered by the CCA, what consumer contract is it covered by in order for it to be a legal one ?..

I contacted the ombudsman but I am not sure of my case,

I mean the mobile company have defaulted me and I don't think they should have done.

I don't hold up much luck with the ombudsman and will the default be lifted anyway..

You should be able to see a copy of the terms and conditions on their site. As a mobile contract is not covered by the CCA 1974, there is no law that can force them to divulge the contract even though it could be classed as personal data and unlikely to be provided under a SAR

Should not any terms and conditions be specific to me and not referred to in a general way..

Should not any terms and conditions be specific to me and not referred to in a general way..

Not unless you actually negotiated a contract and agreed specific terms. EE's terms and conditions were the same for all contract customers although they may have changed since you took out the contract.

Any variations should also be available online. All the contract does is to get your signature that you agreed to the terms and conditions and the type of phone and perks of the contract. The terms and conditions are the legal bit and once signed are bound to you unless you can prove that a particular term is unlawful.

Let this be clear, anyone who wants a mobile contract will have given their permission for any company to check their credit file. Would you want to give out expensive equipment to anyone without checking they were a responsible person?