Past Credit Solutions three account that was cleared off - Quickest time from initial debt agency contact to they give up?

j_semple
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2794 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys. Can I say what a great site this is for dealign with debt companies like weescot for example. ;) I had to register and have a good look on here due to an issue I had with them but once I found out about administration of justice act, protection of harrassment and so forth and I quoted that to them then for now at least my troubles are over...........But will I be contacted by another company?

I will explain the situation. Last september I decided to join 3 mobile. Went to toe local 3 mobile shop and picked the phone/price plan I wanted. Now when I signed up in store I was given a little card with possible add on plans for my mobile. I asked should all of these be OK with my price plan on ym phone and I was told.......yep no bother. We wouldn't give you the card if it weren't. That was OK. About the middle of september time I wanted to exercise my right and change a part of my price plan. I wanted to add on a £5 unlimited internet on my phone. I phoned up and (after at least 6 attempts to speak to somebody non indian who could actually understand what I wanted in the first place) I asked about the add on and got told in no uncertain terms Nope. Just an abrupt no you can't get it added to your phone. I was quite shocked at how rude 3 mobile we're to me on the phone and I hung up and so I decided to make a complaint to the CEO'S office only to get a letter a few days later direct from their office to be told my account was closed and we want £455. I wasn't rude or anything. I decided to email instead as I wasn't phoning back due to the rudeness I had already had ad my handwriting isn't great so it would be hard for me to write a letter of complaint. I insisted I would agree a price plan......even sent at least 3 recorded letters (printed) each one of them was ignored. Just before christmas though I got a lovely letter from wescot threatning me with court action for £455.89. I said to them that I was challenging this due to many factors but to keep the peace I eventually decided to arrange some sort of £20 payment plan.....but I wanted official confirmation from them what the debt was for and wescot said they would get back to me with official letters from 3 mobile. That never materialised despite how many times I asked. Wescot then decided that they would star hounding me and hounding me with letters. Was virtually every day a different letter some for payment plans.........some with paymenty slips.......some threatning me again. I eventually got fed up with wescot and their constant letters and more or less told them that if this didn't stop I was going to the police and would threaten to sue them for continued harrassment. Eventually today though I got a email back saying that they had closed the account. I've paid £20 which means I would owe £435. Now what is likely to happen? Would 3 mobile try and pass that on to another company or whatever? Also if another collector gets involved would it be a good idea to advise them of the problems I had with the phone company in the first place and more or less say to them outright that if they start harrassing me like wescot did then I will take it further with them? Sorry if this doesn't make much sense but I am a little shaky. Nevres have been slightly rattled with all of this carry on. :)

• 8 months later...

I don't think CARS are the most difficult to deal with (definety a lot easier than wescot) :p I had a dispute with Hutchinson 3G (or 3 moile for short) :wink: At first they passed the debt on to wescot who hounded and hounded me but eventually (thanks to the good info I read on here) :grin: I sent them letters/emails and they passed it back to the client. 3G Oviously passed it on to CARS and I got the same original letter as OP recieved in their case but 1 letter sent (I think it was a template from here) and a little note of my own basically warning them never to phone/email/post to me again and they very quickly erased the debt. I wouldn't worry about them too much.

Edited by j_semple

• 2 weeks later...

In my case after I sent a letter? I NEVER heard back from them (Not that the same thing is going to apply in your case) only thing I knew was that I went to their website and entered the numbers on the letter only to be informed the debt doesn't exist on their end. You could try that (Site to pay should be on your letter) although obviously if it still exists don't pay anything and wait to they contact you again.

• 1 month later...

I know this is a very old bump up (lock if necessary and I do apologise) CCA Around box? Whatever did you mean tigs? X. Anyway, After Wescot went bye bye, C.A.R.S got involved (as 3G passed it on to them obviously) ;) I sent them a letter and some emails and they decided not to hound me again. Not sure if it means I will ever be totally scotfree with this but so far had 2 DCA'S on to me regarding this and I am expecting a bigger battle during 2010 with vodafone regarding something else. Witl everything I have read on here though and all templates and such? I am ready to fight everything and finish them all off once and for all. If I ever can trust me I'm donating as you guys have all helped me out this year like you all don't know.

I think it was because they ended my contract because I confromted then as to speak as they refused to confirm that I was actually allowed the add on (even if I know I was told something very different in the store). I'm not too bothered about the debt as such but I know it may be bound to come bite me in the a**e at somepoint in the future

You may not be bothered about the debt but you still need to know whaqt the charges are for before you agree to pay anything.

As you say it may well come back and bite you on the ass, but it will bite several times if you dont nip it in the bud now.

Get a CCA request of as soon as you can

If I have been helpful please tickle my scales or better still contribute to CAG.

I don't think a CCA request is advisable for a mobile phone account.

If you want to know what charges there are then you will ned a Subject Access Request or SAR for short, this will cost you £10, send the letter with a Postal Order to the Mobile Phone Company, also don't sign the letter, print your name, also send the SAR by recorded delivery & keep the reciept as proof of post, this will give them 40 days to comply. The SAR letter can be found in the Debt Collection Library.

Also don't phone them, they will bully you & lie to you, just to get you to pay up, insist on everything in writing, if they phone just keep saying to them 'everything in writing', or just put the phone down.

Remember this a DCA has absolutely no power over you what so ever.

• 6 years later...

Just out of curiosity. Since initial letter/email contact from a agency (this goes for anyone and no idea if in right bit of forum so please move if need be) What's the record time that you've seen off the agency?

Think I broke my record today lol i.e. 4 hours

When you say "You've seen them off", Does this mean that the DCA has handed back to the Original Creditor or closed their files on you?

If this is in 4 hours was this done via email?

If done over the telephone I am hoping that you have recorded the conversation?

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

When you say "You've seen them off", Does this mean that the DCA has handed back to the Original Creditor or closed their files on you?

If this is in 4 hours was this done via email?

If done over the telephone I am hoping that you have recorded the conversation?

Stigman

Sent it back to the original creditor (was never going to phone them) all done via email. They we're fly and asked me to confirm address details so forth. I refused so they returned

Don't own debts so are totally powerless

Even less than dca,s that own debt

But they've got none any way

They are not bailiffs

What's the debt history

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Was a three account that was cleared off (Never received any final bill from them) and the account on my credit file is also marked as closed/settled

No payments have been taken from my account since March that I know of and not once did I receive any sort of final bill

(if I did owe any money which I highly doubt likely it be in double figures only)

UNLESS only thing I can think of was it was to do with something from them years ago but worked out a 90% off with Lowell for that

doing F&F's with a dca??

no wonder they are trying their luck with old debts

they mugged you once

poss be able to do it again..

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

That was years ago I was stupid enough to be fleeced

I mean that's the only possible thing I could think of but not going to chase 3 for it.

Didn't expect that email this morning tbh but once I told them I wasn't giving them any info they've gave up effectively (well returned it) 4 hours though not bad going for me ;) I await any possible next episode

:lol:

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Past Credit Solutions three account that was cleared off - Quickest time from initial debt agency contact to they give up?