Manager refused my holidays when holiday board was clear.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2792 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have copies of the holiday board at the time I made the requests, which was clear for the dates I requested. I checked with my union rep that momemt who agreed there was no reason to refuse my request, which was also 5 months in advance.

Union rep is useless, and said don't worry you'll get it, but I can't book a holiday, or make plans for family on the strength of "don't worry"

The manager also gave somebody else a day I was refused a week later, in fact, the lad that works next to me.

The job I do has issues, rather than listen to the lads who do the job, he thinks it's us creating the problems. This is the reason why I've been treated differently.

Where do I stand legally with this? The union are just happy to get my holidays sorted, but I want to make sure this manager cannot do this again. He really is like a dictator.

"no one else is off" is not a reason to get a holiday - is it a busy time period where you work? sometimes no one is allowed to be off.

What reason did the manager give you for the refusal?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

I think his point is the person next to him got the time off that he was refused

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks for the reply.

There are clear guidelines on holidays agreed by the union. It is a % of the line, with supervisors not included in the head count regarding holidays. The board is there to project the labour to us workers on given dates, so we can book our holidays. This was agreed by my rep that there was NO REASON for a refusal.

I did ask him, and in front of 15 people his response was "You're not having them, I make the decisions" .... Witnesses will back this up.

The real reason he refused them is my job in particular has issues which they won't address as it finishes soon

You need to escalate this out if his hands. Go to your HR manager

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

We have a certain time to get a job done. The job has been changed, it can't be done in the given time without breaking the "process". All shift agree with this. H&S don't give a ****e as they are firmly in the pocket of the management. This is another issue. And the job is ending in my workplace soon.

Are they planning any major changes, where people will lose jobs ? Perhaps management want holiday entitlement taken before this happens, rather than having to pay holiday entitlement with any redundancy entitlement ?

This might account for attitude of the manager, who cannot for obvious reasons say anything until the formal announcement can be made. If the manager is finding problems with work process, perhaps they are one of the people in the firing line ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

No, this business is thriving, it is a very large employer turning over billions. It is only an old model going, replaced by a new model. There are 7/8k people on site, and this is just 1 of 1000 or so managers in charge of their micro-factory where it is a their town, their rules, kind of thing.

There is no reason for the refusal what so ever. I have been accepted on these agreed terms before, and everybody else is currently. It's a vendetta, to show me who's boss, to rule by fear. A dictator !!

On what I have to you all, and you will have to take it at face value, have I been treated unfairly? I will push this as high as I can go, even if it ends up in a court claim. This behaviour is not acceptable in 2016.

Before you go jumping up and down too much check your annual leave policy. It probably says 'at the discretion of the manager'

Not a leg to stand on I fear.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

Before you go jumping up and down too much check your annual leave policy. It probably says 'at the discretion of the manager'

Not a leg to stand on I fear.

They still have rights to be treated fairly, not discrimiated against, given an explanation as to why annual leave is not being sanctioned.

If the OP is facing problems with one manager in a big factory operation, they should ask for a move.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Have you asked what weeks are free for your holiday? I am sure they can not refuse you holiday times

They can refuse specific dates if the operation of the business dictates as much.

I would ask in writing, and ask for reason for decline in writing, and take it from there

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

did you follow the proper procedures by applying for the date in writing with the correct notice? Did they refuse in writing within the time allowed and state why? Did you then appeal this decision citing the WTR's?

It sounds as though you accepted a verbal knock back from someone who didnt have the authority to do so and then failed to progress the matter further down the formal route.

You need to take responsibility for these matters yourself rather than rely on the word of your union rep. They are lay reps and may have enthusiasm but little knowledge unless they have been on suitable courses.