Advantis debt collection, student loan company

SHELLYA
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2760 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello. Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I am new.

During the years 2010-2012 i attend university. I received loans and grants for this period.

During 2011 ( the final year) me and my partner separated and obviously this affected the household income meaning I reapplied to student finance. They requested evidence which I supplied.

They continued to request evidence over months, actually years after I had left uni.

I supplied all the evidence I could and they then started to request evidence of my ex's earnings during the time we were together and proof of when we split

(God knows how you prove you no longer live with somebody? I sent the lease but they didn't accept).

Eventually I gave them my exs new details and sent everything he had given me.

They continued to request more P60s or wage slips (through me)

and my ex understandably had had enough of this year's after we split.

They never contacted him directly.

last month my mum received a letter from them asking if I live there ( I haven't for 8 years) and I told her to give them my address....as I assumed it was just student finance about my loans etc.

Now Advantis are contacting me requesting £6000 for all grants received as I didn't provide evidence that I was entitled to them ( which I 100% was, I never lied and provided everything I was able to).

I emailed student finance asking them to clarify this debt as I wasn't comfortable contacting a third party when I hadn't heard from them in over 4 years. No reply.

I don't really know what to do, the debt is 4 years old so I can't remember any amounts.

They could ask for any amount from me and I would know no different.

My question is, should I contact advantis as they've requested?

Thank you in advance.

I think you should send a written complaint by letter recorded delivery to the Head of the Student Loan company or whoever administered your loans from the beginning. Ignore Advantis for now and wait for a reply to the complaint,

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you. Would I just write what I have here. About the evidence sent and requested? I've never been in this sort of situation before and as it's been over 4 years i have no idea of amounts and dates.

Thank you. Would I just write what I have here. About the evidence sent and requested? I've never been in this sort of situation before and as it's been over 4 years i have no idea of amounts and dates.

Yes, you write quite clearly. But try to give dates even if approximate, so they can see chronological sequence. It makes it easier for them, when they check their records. When you ever want to make a complaint it is always advisable to do so by providing dates of correspondence or even copies of correspondence received. This is better than a long letter just complaining about the situation. If you make it easy for a complaint handler, you may get a quicker response and they are more likely to have understood.

If you have no dates or copies of correspondence, just be as helpful as you can, by providing as much information as possible, but in a clear way. Perhaps bullett points, rather than long paragraphs.

I can't see that it is reasonable to have to supply details from an absent ex partner. But explain to them, roughly when the separation happened and about the financial situation from that point.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

ignore advantis no power dca

they are not BAILIFFS

who are stated as advantis client please on their letters?

important, before you do anything else^^^!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ignore advantis no power dca

they are not BAILIFFS

who are stated as advantis client please on their letters?

important, before you do anything else^^^!

dx

I'm not currently at home but I believe it was the student loans company but may have been student finance England. I'll double check when I'm home. Advantis have started to text me now every couple of weeks or so. Saying it is urgent that I call and it is a personal business matter.

Forward their silly text messages to 7726 (spam) on your phones keypad.

Thank you for the advice but the text appears to just be sent from " advantis" no number? My provider has asked for the phone number.

The response from your provider is the same as I get, I don't always know the number sending me their spam messages, but I always forward them to that number, and simply ignore the response if I don't know the number.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I think you should send a written complaint by letter recorded delivery to the Head of the Student Loan company or whoever administered your loans from the beginning. Ignore Advantis for now and wait for a reply to the complaint,

So I finally received a reply from student finance.....over a month after contacting them.....

Thank you for your recent email dated 30/07/2016.

In the Collections Department we do not assess student's eligibility for

funding and as such, we would advise that you contact Student Finance

directly on 03001000607.

We had issued letters to yourself on 18/02/2016 and 18/03/2016 as well as

sending a letter to your two appointed contacts on 07/04/2016.

As no response was received, your account was passed to Advantis and your

account is no longer being dealt with by Collections Department.

Please contact them directly on the below details:-

Advantis

Minton Hollins Building

Shelton Old Road

Stoke on Trent

Stafforshire

ST4 7RY

Telephone 08445565440

Email admin@advantiscredit.com

So no clarification on what I owe or why. Just that they have forwarded my debt onto advantis??

Should I now contact advantis or call student finance??

It's so confusing.

Never ever ring a DCA

They are not bailiffs

And have

No such legal powers

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If you sent a complaint to student finance... why has advantis replied?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Not being funny, but the reply you received was to a letter you sent before you had advice from CAG, unless you meant 30/08/16.

Suggest you now write recorded delivery to Head of Student finance company with full details of your complaint, saying that you will not be dealing with Advantis.

Yes I've sent that letter, but then received this email ( in reply to my original email)so wasn't sure whether to continue waiting for the reply to my letter. So basically under no circumstances contact Advantis and only work with student finance?

I will wait for them to reply then. Thank you

That reply was from student finance basically saying I must deal with Advantis now as it has been passed onto them. They claim to have sent me letters but must have been to my previous address so I never received them

Don't deal with Advantis until Student finance have properly addressed your complaint.