• Tweets

• I can certainly see why your son booked there.  The place has rave reviews from previous guests.  I'm surprised they are being so unprofessional with your son.   On their page under "Questions" they've written   Hi there! On the booking listing on the search page it says free cancellation, however when I go to book it says non refundable. Please can you confirm whether there is free cancellation on this for November bookings? Thanks!   Hello, Our cancellation policy is free cancellation upto 60 days before arrival. However if White Cross Bay has to close due to a second lockdown, we will re schedule your stay or offer a full refund.   I would suggest your son write to them through Booking.com's internal messaging system (Bookings > Owls House > Contact the property) and if they don't reply within 48 hours demand that Booking.com intervene.    N.B.  After a certain amount of time and/or a certain amount of bookings this internal messaging system ceases to work for old bookings so it might fail, but, hey, it's worth a try, it'll only take 10 minutes..   On their COVID Info. page Booking.com go on about bookings after 6 April, basically saying that after that date everyone knows about COVID and that travelling is a risk so it's a good idea to book places that offer free cancellation.  However, before that date - which would apply to your son - I'm pretty sure they had some scheme where you could cancel even if not normally allowed.  Sorry to be vague, but again this is worth looking into.   I suggest these things on a "belt & braces" basis. Obviously keep fighting to get the money back through the Halifax as others have suggested!
    • Typical defence that you would expect in response...reads rather like a witness statement than a defence.   Be wary of point 25 .....are you currently indebted to the agreement ?.....they are relying on CPR 16.6 to use a set off defence.   Andy
    • Thanks Andy - I really do need to read up!  
    • I am going through an ongoing dispute with Sainsbury’s re them not backdating my default. This is my complaint    I would like to further the following complaint registered initially in September last year.   You18 Sep 2019 7:05PM I entered into a Debt Management Plan via Stepchange in 2018. Having checked my credit report I have noted that you have not defaulted my account in relation to this DMP despite going into arrears. The OCI advises that as a general guide defaults should be recorded between 3–6 months after the arrears were first incurred. All my other creditors have defaulted me within 12 months of entering the DMP which has resulted in the correct entries being on my file for the correct amount of time, namely 6 years, and I would ask that you consider amending my record and recording a default at the correct time on my file. Obviously the failure to record the default has an adverse effect on my credit rating as the debt will remain on my credit report now 6 years from the date that the debt is paid in full which is due to be 2022 and therefore will remain there until 2028 .I look forward to hearing from you as to whether you are willing to amend my records and mark the account as defaulted.    Even though I kept reiterating my complaint and saying I wanted this to be in writing only due to my anxiety and mental health Sainsbury’s bank still Insisted on me calling. I suffer badly with anxiety, panic discorder and depression and have done so and been Medicated for this since 2008, shortly when my money problems started. As I am sure you can understand speaking about this on the phone gives me a large amount of stress and makes it impossible for me to think clearly and retain information afterward. Further to these emails I was asked AGAIN to call Sainsbury's, I felt I was getting nowhere and forced into this method of communication. I spoke to an advisor who insisted that AP markers were not as bad as a default on my account and would not drop off longer. I am sure you can find a recording of this conversation and listen to it yourself. I was made to feel stupid for this complaint and that I was in the wrong and that for my account to be defaulted would be much worse for my credit score on the future. The lady almost scoffed at what I was sayIng. I came off the call and felt silly and wrong, I decided to leave it as I thought a trained member of your staff had told me otherwise. I have now spoken to various trained professionals who have indeed confirmed I was right in my original complaint and that the AP markers will adversely affect my account for longer ! I am very upset I have been given false information which led me not to carry on with my complaint adversely affecting my credit and ultimately my future.  Please can this complaint be passed on to someone higher in the department who understands how this works. I would like my account defaulted from the missed payment dates in 2018 and a response to my complaint ASAP. I hope you can appreciate this Is an urgent and serious matter.   - Sainsbury’s have got back to me and said they won’t uphold the complaint. They say the advise given about AP markers affecting your account less than defaults is correct which it clearly isn’t and that I didn’t state at the time when I was requesting everything in writing my mental health issues they were still ok to insist on my calling instead of communicating with me in writing which I think is incorrect, if I have requested communication in writing then they should do it whether they know the ins and outs of my health.   can anyone advise on how I can respond to them?    TIA
    • Not section 75...thats for credit card payment.
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 6 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Lloyds, Link, Moorcroft, CCJ's and Co's

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1398 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Evening all.

I've been away from the forums a while,

busy getting on with life but a few recent events have brought me back.

Thanks largely to this site I have been able to get my debts largely under control, dealt with or paid off.

Advice and information supplied on here has not only helped me claim money back, compensation

and in some cases get debts written off but most of all it has given me a bedrock of confidence when dealing with the sharks, and conmen that work in this field.

That said having felt like I'd largely dealt with my debt problem for these recent events to occur is more than a little annoying and upsetting.

This thread may take some typing but please stick with it.

I'm also looking for advice but also just trying to understand the legalities.

Now Firstly,

I have read around various threads covering selling CCJ debts etc

but I have to honestly say I've struggled to fully comprehend the situation.

here's my most recent story.

in amongst the many financial issues I encountered during the crash of circa 2008 were 2 debts to LLoyds.

One for a credit card and one a personal loan.

In late 2010 and then early 2011 LLoyds secured CCJ's on these debts

(yes I didn't challenge and over the years have wished I'd found this site much earlier

(. the CCJ's were awarded and relatively nominal payments set £1.00 on the 2k credit card debt

and £50.00 a month on the 15K loan. All interest was stopped.)

Lloyds then secured what I thought was a CO on my house

but now understand is a restriction as the house is jointly owned with my ex wife.

So for years I was making payments and then as my situation improved

I made additional payments and all seemed well until firstly

last month I get a letter from Lloyds and a company called Asset Link Capital saying they have sold my account with the balance blah blah.

so far heard no more even though they indicated in the letters that I would hear from a solicitor if the account is subject to a ccj or CO (it is only subject to CCJ).

Now this week

I've had a letter from 'LLOYDS' (though the return address, surprise surprise, is Moorcroft)

telling me they have transferred (notice doesn't say sold) the other debt to Moorcroft.

This account is subject to a CCJ and also the CO/restriction.

Oddly the balance they claim to have transferred is some £373 higher than the balance they told me was on the account @ 24/06/2016, if add in payments made since it is probably 673 higher.

So far no attempt has been made to ask for higher payments but I cannot imagine there is any other motive.

my questions are firstly

can they demand more without returning to the court?

If they do try to go through the court can I request the matter is transferred to a local court as I am disadvantaged by it being impractical for me to attend a court hundreds of miles away?

Also can they actually sell an account like this?

It almost feels like as these CCJ's are about to drop of my file (one in October and one in January)

that they have decided to stress and pressure me again.

If I'd never found this site I'd probably be a wreck now after receiving these letters.

So guys,

any thoughts,

either specific to my cases or just generally about the wonderful way creditors and DCA's treat people?

Hi,

I too have received a letter from Lloyd s, saying they have transferred my debt to moorcroft,

mine is a charging order,

as I took Lloyd's to court as the default was issued incorrectly,

only giving me 7 days,

but they sent down a top lawyer,

and I ended up with £5000 in costs,

as the 'case was complicated and couldn't be dealt with by the bank solicitors'.

But I agreed a payment plan with the judge.

Like you, its now nearly 6 Years.

Im really concerned moorcroft will call it in, and I will lose my home.

I had thought as it had been dealt with in court Lloyd's would have to go to court to transfer etc, feel like we are being shafted.

Can Lloyd's do this???

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

I can't advise Remus as I don't know however having read around it seems for me, at least, the order is a restriction not a charging order and so they can't force a sale - or at least that's what I'm hoping based upon the reading I've done

Moorcroft cant do anything. They dont buy debts and only act on behalf of someone else. 9 times out of 10, they only deal in lemon debts anyway.

Also, you ONLY pay what the court stated. If looyds want more, then theyd have to go back to court and explain. They cant be bothered, plus the debts inflated which is why they are getting moorcroft involved. Ignore moorcroft and deal with lloyds direct.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Moorcroft cant do anything. They dont buy debts and only act on behalf of someone else. 9 times out of 10, they only deal in lemon debts anyway.

Also, you ONLY pay what the court stated. If looyds want more, then theyd have to go back to court and explain. They cant be bothered, plus the debts inflated which is why they are getting moorcroft involved. Ignore moorcroft and deal with lloyds direct.

Thanks for that renegadeimp, so scare tactics, with no basis in law ;0(

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

I can't advise Remus as I don't know however having read around it seems for me, at least, the order is a restriction not a charging order and so they can't force a sale - or at least that's what I'm hoping based upon the reading I've done
. Hi l1882, looks like they are just trying to scare us into paying more (sure scared the s... Out of me!) If moorcroft get in touch, I'll just say I'm unable to deal with them, as its a matter for the courts if Lloyd's want to change anything ;0)

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

forget the Moorcroft one carry on as you were

its the link one that's the more important.

which one have they got the card or the loan?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They've got the card DX so it's the much lower amount and it doesn't have he CO on it.

Why do you say that is the more worrying one?

no the better one.

so have you paid anything to them yet?

if not i'd not

till they willy wave then comeback here

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So far I've simply continued with the payments to Lloyds as per the last 6 years - and so far nothing from either Link or Moorcroft.

I'll come back when they send me something.

have for ref

can you scan the link letter up as a PDF and attach it here please

upload

and they

Letters attached.

Also attached in the file is a copy of a letter received last night from Moorcroft - find it amusing that on the one hand they are allegedly managing the account but on the other need me to confirm details so they can ensure the existing payment arrangement is maintained.

Any thoughts on this - should I reply asking who they are and what it is they want or just ignore them?

* sorry think I've missed blocking out a reference - will re add shortly

Hopefully have not left any reference on this time

Lloyds link and moorcorft letters 2.pdf

just keep paying Lloyds, Moorcrap kept telling me to pay them not another company direct -= still pay the original company, after two letters 6 months apart never heard from Moorcrap again, = your case you have a CCJ then ignore Moorcrap affordability nonsense it is set by the court = end of.

My opinion.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

ignore them and carry on, been through that nonsense with them = never hear from them these days in fact only heard twice in 3 years, they are crying because they cannot keep what you send for the office party (for thieves)

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

I will cogger - my mocking tone wasn't clear in my post sorry.

It does just irk me that when the legal process has been followed and they have even got a CCJ and CO/Restriction they (the OC) can then chose to just change the repayment details. I imagine thousands get these letters, don't have the benefit of knowing about this site and its members and blindly panic and do 'as instructed'.

At the least I'd expect it to need to go back to the courts. Oh well, I guess that would be a world in which these parasites didn't exist.

Quite amusing this now. I pay LLOYDS every month as per the CCJ.

In recent times I started paying them extra each week but still also pay the monthly payment. This means Moorcroft are currently sending me 5 letters a month :-), same letter every time.

• 3 weeks later...

You might wish to check with the court regarding Asset Link. I'm in pretty much exactly the same situation except I don't own my own home. LTSB sold one of my debts to Asset Link and the CCJ now shows them as the claimant from the start according to Northampton. The physical copy I hold in my hand though shows LTSB as the claimant so Asset can go hang. My other CCJ - much larger amount - has also been passed to Moorcroft. No idea why as I've been paying £50 every month for over 4 years without fail and I won't be dealing with or paying any third party.

I'm sorely tempted to just stop paying both alltogether as it will take me many years to pay both of these off. I'm self-employed and on a low income, rent my home and have little assets even if I let bailiffs in - which I wouldn't in any case. What's the worse that could happen?

My position is a little different as I do 'own' my house.

I'll check with the courts - be annoyed if anything has changed without me being notified though it seems they can do what they want an the courts allow it.

Also found out they've transferred the case back in 2011 from Northampton to Norwich.

IF they do decide to try and vary things via the courts can I request it is moved to a local court?

I've heard nothing from Link since the first letter so I can only assume a lot of this is about getting Lloyds ship shape for the government to get rid of our shares.

You might wish to check with the court regarding Asset Link. I'm in pretty much exactly the same situation except I don't own my own home. LTSB sold one of my debts to Asset Link and the CCJ now shows them as the claimant from the start according to Northampton. The physical copy I hold in my hand though shows LTSB as the claimant so Asset can go hang. My other CCJ - much larger amount - has also been passed to Moorcroft. No idea why as I've been paying £50 every month for over 4 years without fail and I won't be dealing with or paying any third party.

I'm sorely tempted to just stop paying both alltogether as it will take me many years to pay both of these off. I'm self-employed and on a low income, rent my home and have little assets even if I let bailiffs in - which I wouldn't in any case. What's the worse that could happen?

might be best to start a new thread

of your own.

dx

and they

Just spoken to the courts - confirmed still in name of LLOYDS and no action or changes etc in claim since 2011.

I'm still paying direct to LLOYDS as well on both debts

Just spoken to the courts - confirmed still in name of LLOYDS and no action or changes etc in claim since 2011.

I'm still paying direct to LLOYDS as well on both debts

Keep an eye on it mate. Asset Link bought my debt from LTSB in June 2016 but the CCJ didn't change until the middle of August. Northampton Court are clueless too and gave me the runaround once it was changed. I've started my own thread so as not to hijack your. Good luck - I'll be following this with interest.