BankFodder BankFodder

painner

Untaxed unregistered uninsured car

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1365 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi my father past away on June 3rd my brother in-law was still driving his car so I contacted DVLA to inform them. they sent me back the tax that was left over and unregistered it.

2 weeks later he was still driving it so I contacted them again they said they had past it on to nsl to be towed or clamped, when I phoned nsl they had no idea what I was talking about, so I wrote a complaint to DVLA online.

I received a reply saying they would deal with it when they were in the area. 2 weeks later he was still driving it so I wrote another complaint I also told them when they were driving to wales from Winchester "about 350 mile trip there and back" and what route they were taking for the 3rd time since reporting it, and still he was driving it a week later.

I have also reported this to the police twice in person twice by phone, i have reported it to a traffic warden and to a council official who again informed the police. I also took photos of the car parked in a disabled bay using my deceased fathers disabled blue badge and passed that information to the right people and still today over 2 months later he is still driving it.

I would really like to know when are the authorities put there to protect us concerned for the public safety on our roads. You can not even look up this car any longer as apparently it does not exist.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

If you are wanting to get at your brother in law, you should inform the police as no tax probably means he has no insurance either.

As we wrote we have reported him many times to the police and yes as the car is unregistered means it can not be insured but still they have not got pulled over.we have just been up tescos and see them parked in the blue badge bay again but by the time you phone the police and explain it all they have gone.seems a waist of time

Have you passed on his home address to dvla ?

Is this car part of your fathers estate ?

Edited by Conniff

Yes they have got the address of where the car is parked and being used from.

If it's part of your fathers estate and not specifically willed to your sister or b-i-l then it would be theft.

well police don't care anymore only time they pull someone if it flags up on there car system or if they cause accident

but theres no point hounding the police they wont care as they more instrested in chilling and eating donuts and looking for very bad people