• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Me V Swift

mrsfoot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received defence from the above. with regards they say ERC is not a penalty due to a breach but rather a fee due to my eercising my right to end the contract??? Surely this is contradictory lol

Also i have received the allocation questionairre with regards to fees added to my ex mortgage with them and i have no idea how to fill it in....i have looked through site and cannot find anything. If someone knows where this info is or anyone can help i would be very appreciative.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have received allocation questionairre for the case 6CH04822. I am at a loss as tyo what i need to do to complete this. I have reveived the defence papers from Swift where they are defending all the claim. They have already paid me a small amount of money back as they had charged me over £1300 for a default notice, and yet they say the charges they added where not excessive!

Hope someone can help with this form and point me in the right direction in this site.

Thanks

I have recieved the defence for Swift. It is relevantly straightforward, however there are few points i need help on if possible.

1. Do i need to adress each point in writing to the court or will this be what i rely on when i go to court?

2. it is denied that section 4 of the unfair contracts terms act 1977 has any applicability to the charges paid under the credit agreement. Section 4 (1) applies to prevent a consumer being liable to indemnify another person for negligence or breach of contract by that other person. (Defendant states they are the another person) The Defendant has not sought to require the Claimant to indemnify it for negligence or breach of contract by the defendant.

Query...am i not being made to indemnify the defendant by paying the charges??

3. The claim that the charges are unreasonable within the meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services act section 15. The credit agreement does not give rise to a contract for the supply of a service and so it is denied that provisions of the act are not applicable.

Query....Are they not supplying a service, by providing me with a mortgage?

hope someone out there has some clues and pointers for me, thank you

Hi Mrs Foot

the defence is the usuall i woudl just continue along with your claim, you havent written the banks names so an example suggestion of time before pay out is not possible.

Also you have not advised which mortage company you are with.

But Rather than reply on this thread which is in the Welcome section make yourself a v's thread under you bank. This will then be seen by thousands of members.

All the banks are linked at the base of this post under list of banks

Good Luck

BL:)

If you are LOST in CAG

Click the Consumeractiongroup at the top left hand corner of this blue section on your screen.

This will show you a detailed Index of the forum.

Tracking your Claim Thread

Once you have located your bank and have made your thread, select thread tools at the top right of the thread, choose subscribe to thread, then select Yes.

To locate your Claim Threads

Just up from thread tools and to the left click Quick Links, this will offer subscribed threads. In here you will see your claims

Hi Mrs Foot

2. it is denied that section 4 of the unfair contracts terms act 1977 has any applicability to the charges paid under the credit agreement. Section 4 (1) applies to prevent a consumer being liable to indemnify another person for negligence or breach of contract by that other person. (Defendant states they are the another person) The Defendant has not sought to require the Claimant to indemnify it for negligence or breach of contract by the defendant.

Thats alright then they can not then claim that they had t pay out costs to another party as a result of your breach of contract.

3. The claim that the charges are unreasonable within the meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services act section 15. The credit agreement does not give rise to a contract for the supply of a service and so it is denied that provisions of the act are not applicable.

Yes a mortgage is a service, although if they specified the charge in the mortgage offer, which is most likely, you can not rely on s.15. Not to worry though as there is plenty to show that the charge is unlawful based on the common law penalty provisions and UtCCR.

All the best

Zoot

Well my AQ has been handed in. Guess whose AQ landed on my doorstep today...yep day it was due into court Swift AQ comes in the post. They want the claim to go fast track as it over £5k. The costs are actually £4700 and only with the interest does it go over £5k. Plus the solicitors dont seem to knnow that Swift have also paid me £700 for the default notice they admit to over charging me for which takes it down to under £5k with interest lol ALSO in the post today was letter from Swift. They have admitted they charged me £70 court costs and want to repay it and attached a cheque for the amount. Why are they paying this...because the judge who heard that case said NO costs to be added to my account but they went ahead and added it anyway! So now i have 2 letters where they admit they over charged me...bring on the court hearing!! Please anyone who has had probs with Swift check how much was added.....cos they are not as legally honourable as they say (like we didnt know that lol)

No there is not, because nobody has got that far, all claims have been paid before court.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update. I have my court date for this case. Friday 8th Dec we go to court. This si an allocation meeting as Swift have stated on their AQ they want it to be fast tracked, i want small claims so the judge wants to meet.....has anyone any ideas??

Hi i have a case with GMAC who have not filed their AQ in time. Due date was 1/12/06 and having spoken to the court today it seems they have not filed...does anyone have any ideas or advice as to what is next??

Have revieved their AQ this afternoon, although court say they still not recieved their copy. Will this go against them?

Allocation hearing today, judge has decided case must be heard fast track. CPR22.8 A-F was taken into account.

Can one of the mods please contact me, Swift want this in court, and have indicated they will take it to the highest court in land should they lose at fast track, this could be the case we are waiting for!

Mrsfoot

Is it this?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgage-companies/46580-me-swift.html#post392456

Would be much easier if all your threads were kept together :)

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

HI AFD

Thgank you for the advice, whjere about would i be able to find something on thjat topic so i could research it and write a letter requesting the info. Who would i send it to? When would i send it? Things along those lines.

Mrsfoot

Hi,

This has also been allocated to fast track - a mortgage express ERC - a read of this will help fr starters.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgage-companies/19662-maroonfox5-mortgage-express-3.html

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Keep to this format, but adapt as necessary. You do not need to send a copy to the court unless the bank fail to respond - but we will cross that bridge if/when that happens.

Keep a copy for yourself, and one for the court should it be needed.

IN THE XXXXX COUNTY COURT Claim No: XXXXXX

BETWEEN: -

XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX Claimant

-and-

WHATEVER BANK PLC Defendant

REQUEST FOR FURTHER

INFORMATION UNDER CPR 18

1 I request that you supply a full certified breakdown of the actual expenditure incurred by Whatever Bank PLC, in relation to each of the charges levied to my account and detailed in the claim.

2 Where the charge is purely an administration fee applied under the terms & conditions of the mortgage, I request that you provide certified details of how this charge was set, and the calculations used in the process of arriving at this figure

3 This request is being posted today by Royal Mail Special Delivery, and should therefore be delivered before 1pm on [insert date]. I require that you respond within fourteen days to: [Your name and address]

Signed……………………………… Dated …………………………

Thanks gizmo, very helpful. I have directions from Judge from yesterday:

1 Statements of fact to be filed.....what is this and whr can i find examples?

2 Standard discl;osure...again same questions>

Im really sorry about how daft i must seem i just cant figure out my next move, and HATE not being in control of this!

Yes, it is part of the process for preparing your case and is intended as a means for parties to challenge the other sides case in advance - rather than having time-consuming arguments in court that may result in having to adjourn the proceedings because the other side can't provide an instant answer to a key question.

Use the process to ask anything that they would be expected to have to provide an answer in court.

If they fail to respond, or refuse, then you may have grounds to get their defence struck out.

• Haha 1