Trouble with Orange. Default still appearing in zero balance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2679 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have had an ongoing issue with Orange now EE for around 2 years.

It all started with them charging for stuff that was included in my contract package,

I'd ring them and they would wipe it off,

however the following month it would appear again and the deficit got more and more so in the end I chose to leave.

They have now been hounding me for £214 that I do not owe,

I sent them the sar etc and received nothing of what I asked for

but a bill showing that they had -214 off my bill so my balance on the account was now zero.

Please see attached picture

The default on my credit report states £222 which is wrong.

I have messaged them and phoned them and they refuse to do anything about it.

Can they stI'll default me on a zero balance?

I sent a SAR off and received a shed load of bills nothing else, they told me no phone calls were recorded.

Surely they cannot do this?, please someone help me

Regards

Sarah

What are youbtrying to achieve here sarah? The balance has been written off by orange.

The reporting on your credit file maybe? Is that a true reflection of how the account was run?

If it is not then you need to complain to the information commissioner's office.

It does seem odd that they wiped the balance but didnt correct the data reporting

Edited by martin2006

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Isnt it now a closed account.

I haven't been with them since 2014 and I didn't even owe the money.

After my SAR I'm sure they realised their mistake and this is why it was adjusted,

you don't just write off that sort of money that you've been chasing for this long surely.

I've proved time and time again that I didn't owe it

even sending them screenshots of their advisors text saying my balance was now zero

so the account should never have been defaulted in the first place.

I want the default removed or at least stopped at march

Edited by taz_in_2001
Spelling

Then you must write and complain to the Information Commissioner's Office, they can force Orange to remove incorrect data reported on your files

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

No not really as no 2 cases are ever the same, just outline whats happened, what you require as an outcome and copies of any evidence to support your case.

• 2 months later...

I have received a letter this morning stating that EE have now transferred my old account to Lowells,

however, firstly this account is still in dispute as I do not owe this money to them in the first place and

secondly the amount they have stated in this letter of £258.54 is not the amount they have been chasing for all these years.

I will state here this is an ongoing case that started over 3 years ago where I have non stop disputed I do not owe this money to them but regardless of my methods they refuse to cease.

I have requested am SAR but received nothing but bills around 4 months after requesting and nothing else.

The last on these bills was this:

Thinking thankfully this is now all sorted I set about trying to remove the default from my account, this is the response I was given when I requested that:

My question now is where do I go from here,

I have a bill dated March 3rd 16 with a zero balance

and an email from there stating the balance is owed on my credit file but have been written off.

Where do I legally stand?

Regards and thanks in advance for any help

Sarah

had to removed you picture as you'd left you name on one

can you redact them again and pop them up as a PDF please

upload

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

old and new threads merged for history.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no it is linked

we need the history here

please carry on.

they can sell the debt

I think you are getting confused here

when a company writes a debt off before sale

its for tax purposes

it doesn't mean the debt does not exist.

hence why debt buyers now have it..

and they

Why does my balance show zero?

I am getting so sick of fighting this now, I do not owe it but cannot seem to get anyone to listen or get the proof no matter what legal avenues I explore.

What is my next step?

Thanks

can you expand on the comment in post 1 please

It all started with them charging for stuff that was included in my contract package, I'd ring them and they would wipe it off, however the following month it would appear again and the deficit got more and more so in the end I chose to leave.

and they

can you expand on the comment in post 1 please

It all started with them charging for stuff that was included in my contract package, I'd ring them and they would wipe it off, however the following month it would appear again and the deficit got more and more so in the end I chose to leave.

It started with internet charges on my account,

when I first contacted them the lady I spoke to refunded the charges as a good will gesture.

The next months bill didnt show the refund so I owed money plus my contract price and they were charging me for extra internet again.

I would phone up and complain and the call operator would add credits to my account as well as taking smaller payments etc.

Everytime I spoke to an operator I would ask them if my bill would be back to the original contract amount the following month and every single one of them told me it would,

however the next month would come and id be in the same boat again,

charges mounted up until I spoke to a gentleman who told me they had not put me on the right package originally so put me on the "correct package" that id signed up for,

I had never used the amount of internet they were saying I used and id been a customer for over 10 years,

at the time I was stuck at home all day every day and had broadband wifi there.

Month later still hadnt happened,

this had gone on for over a year and id had enough

I asked for my puc code and left,

I was only on a 30 day sim contract at this point

id like to mention which was all of £10 per month but was receiving bills for £60/£70 a month until I left.

Once I left they started chasing me for the money even though every call worker had assured me my balance would be zero and the only amount I would have to pay would be my original contract price,

at most I would only have owed £10 which was the contract price.

here I am years later still trying to fight a case that should never have even been an issue.

Sent in an SAR and all they sent me were bills,

the bills are no good to me as it was the phone operators that were apparently issuing these credits.

Also to add

Orange has taken this off my credit file even though they had issued a default,

I am assuming they are going to have Lowells default me now instead which will start the 6 years all over again.

There was only 1 year left of the original default before it would have been removed

Didnt realise id pressed 1 year instead of 5 for default *fat fingers* lol

What was the tariff you were on for £10 a month in mins texts and data pkease and what did orange say was your usage?

hey thanks really great info

and a credit to you .

I think the time has come to involve the CEO of EE via an email

http://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=12015

the post you have just made is perfect

as for Lowell

they are NOT the OC so cant enter anything on your credit file

and they

What was the tariff you were on for £10 a month in mins texts and data pkease and what did orange say was your usage?

I cant really remember

but I do remember when taking out the package once my 24 month £30 contract had ended

the man on the phone went through my usage for the 9 years I had been a customer and gave me a package that suited my needs.

He said that I didnt need 600 minutes of calls or the amount of data I had on the £30

as I used nowhere near that amount and the £10 one would be more than sufficient.

I think it was unlimited texts, 300 minutes and 2gb data but I cant say for certain as its been 4 years since I was actually a customer

hey thanks really great info

and a credit to you .

I think the time has come to involve the CEO of EE via an email

http://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=12015

the post you have just made is perfect

as for Lowell

they are NOT the OC so cant enter anything on your credit file

So do I just write an average email to him or could I use a template as a complaint?

Forget what you had originally, your contract had expired and you were on a sim only tariff at that point.

Did you use more than the 2 gb of data you were contracted to?

Your bills will tell you if you did or didnt

At the start it said I did

but the lady reimbursed this

or was supposed to have as a good will but thats where it all started.

It kept happening and last going off the man I spoke to said I wasnt put on the proper contract I was supposed to have been put on.

So I dont know if my bundle for that time was actually getting the 2gb or a lower amount and thats why all the charges occurred etc

Have you addressed this with a written "Formal Complaint" and received a "Final Response" from EE/Orange?

If not you must detail exactly what has happened and if you havent had a response within the normal 8 week timeframe, you can then escalate to Ofcom and the Information Commissioner

• 1 month later...

I have received a deadlock letter now from them

I have just come across this letter issued in September.

It states on here that they will no longer be pursuing me for the money owed but it will stay on my credit rating.

However, they have removed the default and sold it to Lowells since then

where do I stand on this now?

What is my next step?,

do I send a copy of this to Lowell?.

I'm sick to death of fighting this now

Edited to add:

a bill was not sent to me,

the bill was issued in March and put in with the bills I received on the SAR I asked for,

nothing else was received no letter explaining anything at all.

Just 10 years worth of bills and this was the last one

IMG_0331.jpg

Are you able to prove that you do not owe the bills for jan feb mar and apr 15?

Lowells wont care about a dispute with EE, they just want to fleece money out of you.

I am a little curious tho, if EE have written off the balance, what have they sold to lowells, an account with nothing owing?

You could try writing to the CEO as dx suggested above or forward it all to the Information Commissioner, but you will need to be able show them that the default info is incorrect as you never owed the money. Its a sliw process with the ICO but they have the power to force the removal if EE are wrong

No proof,

any proof I have is gone with an old phone.

I had texts off various operators saying my balance was zero.

When requesting the SAR they sent me nothing

even though I requested the lot, texts, phone calls, operator notes of calls.

All I got was 10 years of bills.

This balance is over 2 years old

where they have got these dates from is beyond me.

I was with another company then at this point.

They are saying in letters that they wrote it off

but then saying that I owe it, it's very confusing.

Lowells is asking me for the amount that they say I owe plus a little more

I'm assuming to be their charge.

Already emailed the CEO who passed it on to an operative

She told me that a deadlock letter was issued and that was it.

I replied saying I didn't have it so they re issued it.

I then responded with a copy of an email from June saying what this letter states that they were not going to pursue the money.

Her response as follows:

Thanks for your further email regarding your account.

I'm sorry of there has been some confusion regarding ...... response, I would like to clarify this matter for you.

For all we had wrote off the amount owed and sold the debt to Lowell, this means you are no longer being perused for the amount owed, by Orange, however, you owe the debt to Lowell.

This means that the detriment will still remain on your credit file as un-paid.

Should you wish for the default to show as settled rather than outstanding, you will have to contact Lowell to make the payment owed to reflect this.

As you are still in dispute of the balance, please refer to your deadlock letter sent.

I acknowledge you are still in dispute with the account number xxxxxxxxx.

However, after reading your most recent email I am unable to see any new issues raised.

After reviewing my previous correspondence I feel all your issues have been addressed and answered in full.

Any future correspondence will be logged but may not be responded too

Kind regards

Executive Customer Relations

I replied telling her that the date of this email was June,

the debt was sold after June,

they haven't long sold it on so what she was saying was incorrect information as Lowells were not even involved then.

I've received no response

To also add the default has been removed,

this was done when they sold it to Lowells for some unknown reason.

I just can't get my head around it all