Insurance advice

dr fox

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1930 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Bit of background. In Jan 2015 someone went into the side of my commercial van and he admitted fault and mine was all fixed. The van is used for my business.

I have a separate car insurance policy and just renewed it 3 weeks ago, and they have sent a letter in stating that my car insurance is increasing £100 because of a no fault claim that i had in the van and not disclosed it.

So is it correct that the Non fault claim on my commercial van insurance still affects my car insurance even although its two different policies?

Thanks

Yes still relevant as Van was in your name for your usage. It is part of your driving experience.

If Insurers don't know the exact details, then give them a call, as they should know you have access to other vehicles.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi,

Yes called them to explain this and they said that the non fault claim will be on record for 5 years.

At the time of the incident my insurer was informed but no claim was made through my own insurance as the other guys dealt with me and they took my van away the next day.

Im just miffed at getting hit for an extra £100 for something that was not my fault. I wasnt even in the van at the time as it was parked up when he ran into it.

Hi,

Yes called them to explain this and they said that the non fault claim will be on record for 5 years.

At the time of the incident my insurer was informed but no claim was made through my own insurance as the other guys dealt with me and they took my van away the next day.

Im just miffed at getting hit for an extra £100 for something that was not my fault. I wasnt even in the van at the time as it was parked up when he ran into it.

It is the way Insurance works i.e a risk calculation. A non fault incident means a premium loading reflecting Insurers belief than one incident leads to others. It is the old chestnut question as to why things seem to happen in threes. People have a run of bad luck, after years of never claiming on Insurance or having anything happen to them.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

They always tell you that a no-fault incident will not affect your NCD, but the fact that someone ran into you makes YOU an increased risk of claiming in the future, so they hammer your premium. It's a joke!