Dreams TV Bed Out of Warranty Issue - Homeserve Furniture Repairs Issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2795 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there, New user to the forum but hoping i can get some help.

I bought a dreams Barcelona TV Bed 2 years ago.

Bed was fine and working until approximately 3 months ago when the TV raising mechanism stopped working.

Upon calling Dreams CS they instructed me to get in touch with Homeserve Furniture Repairs and have them come and assess the issue.

Last week i had the technician come to my house and assess that the motor which raises the TV is no longer working and that they would send me a quote for the part and installation within the next few days.

Today, i receive a letter stating that HFR can't obtain the part from dreams, but i'm welcome to speak to Dreams directly to try and get the part and at which point they can come and install for a cost etc.

I've spoken with HFR and they have told me that Dreams do not supply them with parts at all - Whats the point of using them then???

I have spoken with Dreams this morning and sent them a copy of the letter as I want to know what my next step is in rectifying the issue with my bed.

As HFR have labelled the problem as an out of warranty issue, and it appears Dreams no longer sell this particular bed model, is this any recourse i have to getting this issue resolved?

Thanks in advance.

Tony

Hi Tony

Thanks for coming to CAG... Have HFR advised specific part numbers etc for the motor?

I would expect something like this to last much longer than just 2 years.

How much use did you get out of the TV Motor?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi

No hfr haven't provided part numbers as dreams won't give them the details.

Reasonable use but not excessive. Was only using it when football was on really and the wife didn't want to watch.

So youd fall under the Sales Of Goods Act...

Durability is a requirement to a certain extent.

A part like that shouldnt be discontinued after so little time (Motor Especial'y)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Store are generally Sales based, so calling is a good idea.

Record the call, be reasonable. Tell them that you want this resolved. But read up on SOGA for issues relating outside of Warranty etc

You always have the option of raising a complaint too.

See what they say once or twice...

You may have to prove it wasnt your doing that it failed. But you can get an independent person to look over it.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Yes TV came with it

Annoying that I can't get TV up as every month this goes by, I still have sky multi room switched on in that room, basically redundant.

What are my options for getting this sorted then? Open to suggestions

A few posts up I suggested reading the Sales Of Goods Act on durability and faults...

Also suggested contacting them and recording the call...

See what answer they give.

Come back to us after and we can go from there.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis