Price Increase Again......

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2749 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So EE are putting prices up AGAIN this year (September) and because they are not changing the monthly fee they are telling me there is nothing i can do about it!

I use Picture messaging quite a bit as certain friends refuse to use other apps, so this will increase my bills a bit. There are increasing prices for 'out of bundle' charges, so call charges when minutes end,mms etc etc

Are they correct, is their really nothing i can do?

You may beable to cancel but its not gaurenteed.

Try looking here

http://ee.co.uk/help/accounts-billing-and-topping-up/terms-and-conditions/ee-terms-and-conditions/pay-monthly-terms/ee-pay-monthly-network-terms

etc

OFcom put in protection against severe price rises if your monthly bill increases more than the specified amount

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

• 1 month later...

Yes i've also had the same problem. I use picture messaging and international calls quite a bit and they are going to increase in the next few months so even if i wasn't of "material detriment" in the past few months I may be in the near future. The chat advisor directed me to the Ombudsman who was unwilling to help and shut me down from all angles...Which? legal services also didn't help and also referred me to the Ombudsman.

It's completely unacceptable for them to do this ! See below for the transcript :mad2::mad2::mad2:

info: Welcome to EE. A UK-based Customer Relations Advisor will be with you shortly. You are number 1 in the queue.

info: You are now connected with Gary

sean brown: hi gary

Gary: Hi, you're through to Gary in the EE Customer Relations Team. How can I help you today?

sean brown: ive been notified of EE price increases. I'm not happy with this. Where do I stand ?

Gary: These increases are for "Out of Bundle" charges, I assume?

sean brown: yes

Gary: And you regularly go over your allowances?

sean brown: no but i use things outside of my allowance like picture messages and international calling which will increase soon. The point is EE have increased their charges without my consent

sean brown: i understand the increase can rise in accordance to RPI..but this is something different

Gary: We don't need your consent to increase prices of charges of Out of Bundle charges, but we are able to look at your usage and see what impact this might have on you

sean brown: i agreed a contract with those prices in place...its not right for EE to increase them

sean brown: ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/Help-PDFs/EE%20pay%20monthly%20network%20terms%20joining%20on%20and%20from%2011%20November.pdf

sean brown: Your Price Plan Charge includes an increase by the annual percentage increase in the Retail Price Index (RPI). We will do this so the price increase takes effect in March of each year (see point 7 of the terms and conditions).

Gary: I understand, but we have have advised you of the change and given notice.

sean brown: We may change the terms and conditions or the Services. If We do make these changes, We’ll give You Written Notice when We can before the change takes effect (see points 7 and 12.1 of the terms and conditions). We may also increase or decrease Our prices. Your Price Plan Charge will go up by RPI during Your Minimum Term. You agree that We can change these Terms and Charges without obtaining Your express consent to vary the Agreement providing We comply with the procedure in point 12. Some of the price increases may give You the right to leave the Agreement without paying a Cancellation Charge (see point 8.4 of the terms and conditions).

sean brown: and i dont agrre with it

Gary:

sean brown: you cant just say now its costing more and thats OK? if BT put up your line rental by £100/month and said to you the same thing what would you do ?

sean brown:

Gary: Thanks, let me have a look into your account

Gary: Ok, I see you average 6 MMS/picture messages a month

sean brown: at the moment..this about agreeing something going forward

Gary: And in the last 3 months, I can't see any international calls

Gary: Are you going to be substantially changing your usage patterns in the future? If so we have add-ons that can ensure you make savings?

sean brown: not the point gary

sean brown: i know you can see where im coming from

sean brown: and i want to know where you think i stand...legally

sean brown: taking consumer rights into consideration

Gary: Let me have a look at it. The T & C's you linked to are *****.I need to check the 2015/16 one your re-signed into, give me a minute

Gary: *you

Gary: Ok, our position is that if the impact of these charges are "materially detrimental" to you by more that 5% of the the total bill value, after adding these OOB charges, we will review your account

sean brown: ok so in lehmanns terms ?

Gary: I'm not sure what you mean by "lehmanns terms", sorry, so I can't comment on that

sean brown: in simple terms

sean brown: can we review my account please ?

Gary: Yours, and all the accounts, have already been reviewed and noted if affected. Yours has not been noted

Gary: If you feel in the future you require more "out of bundle" usage, please give us a call or look on the web site for the OOB add-on that will suit you

sean brown: sorry gary i cant accept these changes

sean brown: i dont agree

sean brown: i will require more OOB charges. Lots of holidays and travelling planned..including pics home etc. USA next week...Thailand October etc etc

sean brown: from a consumer rights point of view..by not doing anything now when the increase is planned would show a willingness to accept the changes..and im not accepting them

Gary: Roaming charges are completely different to this issue, they have no bearing on this. If you disagree with our position, I can only refer you to the Ombudsman Services, who are our industry arbitration service

sean brown: ok...ill take it further...just needed you to tell me your position before i did

sean brown: because no point in going higher if you were willing to sort this (cheeky) increase out

Gary: That is your right, do you need the details of the Ombudsman Services?

Gary: You are at the highest point of escalation within EE

sean brown: i just wish more people wouldnt let these big companies get away with it..yes my OOB will increase but it should be allowed

sean brown: OK thats great...so im getting the best information...yes i would like the details please

Gary: No problem, give a minute, please

sean brown: i also have legal protection with Which? magazine etc. Im sure they will be in touch

Gary: I'm sure they will review the issue, as will the Ombudsman Service.

sean brown: sure

Gary: You can find the Ombudsman

sean brown: ok thanks for the link..saves me a bit of time

sean brown: can i have a copy of this chat too please ?

Gary: You can, you need to click the envelope icon at the top of the chat window after the chat is ended. This will email a copy to the email address you chose

Gary: Thanks for chatting with me today. I would really appreciate if you could spend a moment to fill out the short survey by simply clicking on the 'End Conversation' button at the top which will help us improve our chat service. I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

sean brown: speak soon

info: Your chat transcript will be sent to x at the end of your chat.

Gary: Cheers, all the best, and safe travels