Forthcoming WCA but have fractured arm.

osdset
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2755 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

Long time no post I know but I've been occupied elsewhere!

I have a WCA booked for 7th September, however I had a nasty fall on the 29th July and fractured my upper right arm. I know an injury like this would trigger an automatic ESA claim, but as I'm already on ESA (WRAG) due to other conditions I'm wondering if there is any procedure in place to cover a situation like this?

I'm guessing the answer from the DWP will be attend the WCA anyway. Can anyone shed some light? I used to be pretty well read on benefits issues but I'm well and truly rusty and I know some things have changed since I last locked horns with the DWP and ATOS, Maximus taking over the WCA's being just one example.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Hello again, nice to see you around.

You're correct - attend the WCA. You could inform the DWP in advance of the WCA appointment, but the key point is whether or not you feel your broken arm is a serious change in your circumstances. Well, OK, obviously it's not just something you ignore, but what I mean is, does it make any difference to your likely entitlement?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Hi antone.

Does it make any difference to my likely entitlement?

Not sure if I know how to answer that. I'm reasonably confident that the outcome of the WCA under my existing conditions would have been a fit for work decision; I was only awarded ESA WRAG by Tribunal following an appeal, I fully expected to have to go down the same route this time around.

I assumed that a significant arm injury would trigger at least a postponement of the WCA until I got the 'all clear'.

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Definitely attend, the workings of the DWP are worthy of a place in a Franz Kafka novel. I feel you would risk them stopping your ESA regardless of the broken arm if you don't.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 1 month later...

Gobsmacked!

Received the brown envelope from the DWP this morning, not only did I pass the WCA, they've transferred me to support group. I am literally scratching my head at this decision, I felt I met the descriptors for WRAG and would have been happy with a decision that reflected that, but support group?

The GP (it was a GP, I checked later), did say he needed to phone a colleague at the end of the assessment for a 'second opinion', perhaps that influenced the final outcome.

This WCA with Maximus was so at odds with the one I had with ATOS five years ago, I don't know where to start with comparisons.

Well done, really pleased for you.

I'm sure you'll already have asked for a copy of the report (evidence for the next one/PIP etc) if only to know how long your reprieve is likely to be.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Guest Miss Anxious
Gobsmacked!

Received the brown envelope from the DWP this morning, not only did I pass the WCA, they've transferred me to support group. I am literally scratching my head at this decision, I felt I met the descriptors for WRAG and would have been happy with a decision that reflected that, but support group?

The GP (it was a GP, I checked later), did say he needed to phone a colleague at the end of the assessment for a 'second opinion', perhaps that influenced the final outcome.

This WCA with Maximus was so at odds with the one I had with ATOS five years ago, I don't know where to start with comparisons.

Similar happened to me....my last one was Maximus, and they put me in support group after being with Atos since 2010 !!.....The DWP phoned me to tell me they had decided on the support group as I was a substantial risk to myself...Well, at least I thought that was what she said...I was so amazed at the phone call I couldn't think straight. Then y money went up, and then because I live alone, I got another increase!!! This has helped me tremendously.

On the back of that I tried for PIP and decided if they called me in for an assessment I would drop the claim as I could not face it.....I got a text from PIP (DWP) to say I had been awarded without a face to face!!!! Something is definitely going on in the background.......as the only contact I've had is a couple of meetings at the jobcentre, and then they just phoned me for an update.......my life has improved because of the extra money........I can go into a shop and buy things instead of worrying, I can't really afford that.....

I'm so happy for you........For me, I did send loads of evidence, but some of the stuff I had were years old, but what the chap at Maximus said to me, it proves that this is not a sudden ailment as it's been going on for years.......

Well done, and treat yourself to something nice....I had my hair done!!!!!

Guest Miss Anxious

PS..They backdated the PIP and £800 suddenly went into my bank as they paid me from the day I made the call to them. When I finally got the letter, it says I been awarded until June 2019.........I still worry though, ......I now realise why people are so worried being transferred from DLA to PIP...as they will be used to the money...whereas I've been living on a shoestring...not eating properly.........

Miss Anxious ( I live up to my name !!!)