You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• I have just had to leave dubai due to redundancy and I have 2 credit cards bills that are around 250,000. I still have 50k or so in my bank over there so can service the debt but its now looking like Il be staying in the UK and wont be able to continue the replayments at some point soon. I have moved in with my father and my wife and baby will soon be joining. What would be your advice? 
    • Hi Andyorch   Yes I do have address and contact details for ex business partner. Yes it was a Limited Company but I have not got a copy of Guarantor Agreement as it was done online.
    • Hi,    I recently have been trying to apply for a loan and have discovered I have a defaulted account with Three from 2016. After some confusion, it turns out that it is from when I was a guarantor on a phonebill for my ex-girlfriend 4 years ago. As far as I was aware, all payments were made and on time. I have contacted Three about this and they have stated that there aren't any payments to be made.    My issue is that I haven't received any emails, phonecalls or letters about the payments, ever. Yet it is still a defaulted account which is having a big impact on my credit score.    Am I still at fault, as I haven't had any contact about the payments being late or owed? Is there any way to get this removed?    Any help or advice would be much appreciated. 
    • Update   Never had a reply to the cca request sent start March   Received 2 letters in last 2 weeks from Intrum: 1) a legal dept letter - offering 30% discount off balance 2) an annual statement - showing no transactions!  
    • Hello everyone, In January 2020 I was caught with a 11-15 years Oyster card on the bus, which was my cousins and it was taken.    After I received a letter by post asking for my personal info. and the possibility to deny or accept the offence and give reasons to explain so. I then answered only by giving my personal info. and  "I would be grateful for any opportunity to avoid prosecution." I didn't gave any explanations. I came here in September 2019 and I wasn't aware of such importance in the matter otherwise I would have never have done such a stupid thing.  I have never experienced something like this and I am very scared since I am here on a student visa and I am afraid that a criminal record will impact negatively my visa.    Today I received the letters I have attached.   Reading in this forums other cases like mine, I wanted some help on how to ask an Out of court settlement, if this is possible, and if not how to write a plea that helps me not take a criminal record.        20200706_164643.pdf
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
Jocker2000

Re registered CCJ after 13 years please help...

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1417 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am hoping somebody can help me,

I have just checked my credit report and I noticed a large CCJ registered in mid June of this year also registered at an address I lived at more than 10 years ago.

There was a CCJ registered in my name and address correctly in mid 2003 from Natwest Bank,

due to divorce I entered into a DMP in 2003 and have been paying off this debt regularly for the past 13 years,

approx 60% of the original debt has now been paid off,

why has this debt been re registered?

I am hoping to apply for a mortgage later this year and this will be catastrophic for me

, the CCJ is still showing the original amount owed,

is there anyway I can get this removed?

Thank you in advance.

I did not receive any paperwork, or notification that it was going to be re-registered.

If the date of the ccj was 2003

The ccj should not be showing

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Is this still showing as Natwest?

Thank you for your reply.

The CCJ is showing as 16th June 6 on my Noddle account, can they re register it at all?

I have never seen any paperwork

It should not be showing

A ccj should like defaults only be visible for 6yrs

Ask noddle why its showing

I have just spoken to the court

Natwest re-issued the claim on 20th May 2016 but sent all of the paperwork to my old address that I lived in 10 years ago,

also they have not taken into consideration any of the payments I have made,

because I do not live there anymore I have not had sight of any paperwork,

why would they do this?

because you didn't inform them of a change of address?

I have a debt management company dealing with it

they have done for the past 13 years,

no payments missed

surely the debt management company would of advised them of my new address.

I am jus wondering why after all this time they want to re-issue,

thank you for your help.

oh god who please tell us

not a fee paying one I hope?

Hi Its money village used to be called spectrum financial

NO!!!! NO!! NO!!!

oh god not that lot

https://cse.google.co.uk/cse?cx=partner-pub-8889411648654839:6449422593&ie=UTF-8&q=spectrum+money+village&sa=Search+CAG#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=spectrum%20money%20village&gsc.page=1

the biggest bunch of fleecers out there

spectrum went bust months ago

and money village have already been in the press about holding onto debtors funds and no paying debts off.

dump them now

do it yourself

and ask them to refund the hidden F&F pot they've secreted away too.

I bet that's why theres a CCJ

they haven't been paid.

Thank you for your reply,

How do I get the information from Money village about my account, creditors, starting balances and payments made?

How do I get the information from Money village about my account, creditors, starting balances and payments made?

You could just make a written request, as they are handling your money. I suspect that the account terms and conditions include you being able to get information on request.

However, you may find that they don't send you complete information. Therefore making a Subject Access Request under Data Protection Act might be the best way. If you click on the link you will find the letter. Note you would have to send them £10 as the admin fee for such requests. They would have up to 40 days to supply the information. Amend the letter to specifically mention the information you want.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you for your help and reply.

I have just spoken to the court

Natwest re-issued the claim on 20th May 2016 but sent all of the paperwork to my old address that I lived in 10 years ago,

also they have not taken into consideration any of the payments I have made,

because I do not live there anymore I have not had sight of any paperwork,

why would they do this?

what do they mean by re-issued?

they cant have two bites of the cherry

you can only have one CCJ per debt?

so what did the court actually say?

the whole issue is very frustrating and because I have not seen sight of any paperwork I am not too sure of the particulars of claim,

However I have spoken to Natwest who have informed me that the Account being paid by my debt management company was only 1 of 4 accounts,

they issued CCJs for all of these debts 13 years ago?

Also please correct if I am wrong

but if the other 3 accounts have not been paid or acknowledged then they are statute barred?

I have completed a N244 form today and paid the extortionate £255 to get this thing removed,

Natwest seemed very vague about the whole thing like they did not know how they got to the figure and why it was even done,

they said it was because I own a property

but I don't own any properties at all I rent and have done since 2003,

the whole saga is so frustrating and is making me very anxious.

The court said it was a new claim issued in May 2016

but of course it went to my old address that I moved away from over 10 years ago,

how can they claim for the same thing twice?

get an sar running to nastpest

wont help on the court claim

but it might on the overall picture of what they are upto.

this is sadly what happens when you hand over

and pay for

people who at totally useless

to look after your debts

ive never seen one fee paying DMP that ever cared for anything other than their fees.