Bugger! finally got a reply from Moorgate

gwebstech
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2779 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I sent some CCA a few months ago, some had copies some didnt. Moorgate have 2 of my credit cards and they couldnt find the CCA ...until now. It was an MBNA credit card i took out

Theyve sent me a copy of my original agreement in 2003, its signed so i guess im still owing this one?

As long as its a proper, signed copy i still owe it correct?

:-x

thanks

Hi,

Can you please remove all of the information that can identify you like the obvious name, address but also barcodes, account numbers etc. and post up,

This is to make sure that...

Is the CCA fully compliant?

Did you also get a copy of the terms and conditions?

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Hi

Ill do it as soon as poss. Yes there are t&c included, but after 3 pages of those there are several pages which are titled" credit card agreement, regulated by the CCA 1974" = those page start off with my current address and not the address i had when i took out the card. So those pages are obviously not form when i took out the card in 2003

Also, i was wondering: if Moorgate send me the letters, have they bought the debt or are they just acting as collectors for the original bank? I only ask if i ever got took to court, (for not paying enough per month for instance) im wondering how far a DCA would go compared to a bank or credit card company that were owed far more than the DCA paid for a debt?

thanks

Forget any notion of court, these are NON priority debts and as such attract the minimum 'LEGAL' payment of £1 a month if that is all you can realistically afford.

They only refer to court or legal action in their puerile missives, because they know that it exploits a debtors lack of knowledge and is the only way they can bully and intimidate debtors into paying money they either don't owe, or can ill afford to pay.

If the OC has palmed it off onto a DCA, ie. sold it, then there is something wrong with the debt, OC's only sell toxic debts.

Moorgate are not debt buyers, so they are simply begging on behalf of the OC.

If you read the letters carefully, you'll see they refer to their 'Client'.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Oh ok, so they dont really take people to court unless theyve got substantial reason to believe the debtor can afford more? i was paying more via payplan but i cant afford it anymore so screw em

I suppose its the fear factor they play on then

Scan it up and then go from there.

DCA's don't go to court UNLESS they own the debt and the debtor ignores them.

They don't like being exposed in court, so will only ever target the ones who they know will roll over and believe the rubbish they spout.

DCA's are NOT bailiffs, they are powerless wannabes.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Who are moorgates clients

Typically lowells

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...