southern electric

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1803 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am in dispute with southern electric regarding a quarterly bill 5 times my average usage,

we have reached the stage of having the meter removed for an independent test,

they have now informed me this could take up to a year due to only 4 centres that can do the test,

is this timespan.

acceptable

Hi kingcrimson7777,

Welcome to the CAG forums.

I'm not familiar with the process of having a meter removed, so can't give you an answer regarding whether it is an acceptable timespan. However, if you are able to answer the following questions, this may help other Caggers advise you a bit better, not only with your actual question but also with how best to proceed.

How long have you been in dispute with Southern Electric?

How long have you been with Southern Electric (i.e. would they have enough information to realise that the readings look odd)?

Were your bills based on actual readings?

Did you take any readings between the last right bill and the one you are disputing?

Have you done any tests of your own to establish that the meter may be faulty? I think the standard one is to switch everything off and see if the meter is still ticking over.

Have you got anything in place in terms of a replacement meter? Do Southern Electric have the details of the new meter?

I would think you would not be seeing the old meter again, but I appreciate that you want some answers with regards to your old meter.

In the meantime, I would suggest taking regular readings from the new meter (assuming you have one in place) and keeping Southern Electric updated with the readings. This might help see whether it was a problem with the old meter in the meantime.

Hope that seems OK for now.

Good Sister.

Any pearls of wisdom that I give on the CAG forums is based on previous experiences and knowledge I have gained from being on these forums.

basically they replace the old meter and out the disputed amount on hold but as soon as they get back the info they need they will be after you for payment, even if the amount is wrong and then they will estimate a correct value and that estimate will not be in your favour.

Also get a competent electrician to measure any leakage on your neutral/earth as you can use electric without anything being on if you have a fault.