Home insurance claim.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2812 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We had a flood in the upstairs bathroom which has also come through the downstairs. Called the insurance company and they appointed a loss adjuster.

After four days we still had not heard from the loss adjuster so called the insurer back. They said they would email him and get him to contact us but after another two days we still have had no contact from them.

Phoned insurer again and got a mobile number for the loss adjuster plus they said they would also contact him. Have tried to call the mobile 3 times but just goes onto an answer machine.

The insurance company is regulated by the FSA.

Is there any time limits that they need to adhere to ?

thanks

No definite number of days specified. ' Reasonable' , ' without delay'.

Because you can get periods of bad weather with hundreds of thousands of claims made, the FCA have never made it a requirement to handle claims within a timeframe. Not as far as i know.

I think you need to do some legwork here. Start taking pictures, get quotes for work needed. Then if no contact with Loss Adjuster speak to Insurers and see if they will deal with the claim. If this was a plumbing issue, the Insurance won't cover plumbing work, but they will cover damage caused by escape of water.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thamks for your reply.

Yep, we got the plumbing repairs done and have loads of pictures.

I would have at least liked an acknowledgement from the loss adjuster as he has my email and phone numbers.

Will try insurer again again and see what they want to do.

thanks