Vodaphone Issues - get hold of their recording of phone call ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2809 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife has had a long standing dispute with Vodaphone

A few months ago during a long phone call a vodaphone rep agreed to cancel her contract and close the account with nothing further due to pay.

We have now started getting letters from a DCA, claiming she owes Vodaphone just over £800. which is the remainder of the 2 year contract plus the cost of the handset involved. after talking to the DCA they claim the above call "never happened" and are now harassing her in the usual way for payment

Can we force Vodafone to supply us with a copy of the recording of the phone call? maybe with a SAR ? I can prove the call happened as it's on my itemised BT phone bill but not what was discussed.

TIA

Mat

In theory you can. You should try it as a necessary first step. Let us know how you get on.

Sorry to say, but as you have been here since 2006, you should know by now to record your calls. Read our customer services guide.

Let us know what you get for your SAR and we'll try to advise about the next step.

People really should steer clear of Vodafone. They seem to have poor systems in place and are probably the most complained about provider in the country.

Aye, but educating the wife in the ways of being a CAGger is taking longer than anticipated!

SAR letter with cheque going off to Vodaphone

Communicate in writing only letter also going to the DCA hopefully that'll put them off until we get a reply to the SAR

Thanks for your help !!

Mat

Aye, but educating the wife in the ways of being a CAGger is taking longer than anticipated!

SAR letter with cheque going off to Vodaphone

Communicate in writing only letter also going to the DCA hopefully that'll put them off until we get a reply to the SAR

Thanks for your help !!

Mat

You could get her a copy of the new book ..CSH (subtle plug)

Hi

I will guarantee you that this phone call will have been deleted. VF do not keep any call recordings for very long. Perhaps they want to hide the evidence?

I would definitely SAR Vodafone but please ensure that you include as much proof of ID as possible. VF hate to supply at the first instance so will move heaven and earth to force you to provide more ID. I suspect this is due to their p*ss poor practice of record keeping. In your SAR I would also demand that IF they have any of your details on a different filing system that they provide those as well. I suspect that they do use two systems.

After their recent fiasco with the new system they have in place, I also suspect that they are having to do a lot of manual searching which takes a long time hence their request for more ID as the 40 days does not start until they are satisfied with the ID.

The DCA. IF their letters are saying they are acting on behalf of VF then a simple letter back to them stating that the account is in dispute and that you will not deal with anyone but VF should see them off.

IF this 'debt' has been sold to the DCA then would be saying 'put up or shut up'

Please check credit files as well as I can say with some certainty that VF have placed bad markers there.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

It's the credit file issue that's bothering me, Wifey was hoping to finance a new car later on this year . . . .

The call in question was 35 mins long and in May of this year. Surely they'd be required to retain them longer than 6 months?

I'm gong to get her to open an account at clearscore to check for markers, but as far as I'm aware no default notice has been issued

Mat

Vodafone keep recordings for such a short time. This ranges from a few days to 120 days, the maximum that I know of so around 3-4 months.

You can check Noddle as well.

Hopefully the SAR will reveal something that helps you. It is likely to come on a CD with a password (in the same envelope!) and there will be lots of codes. If they don't include a translation of the codes, they haven't fulfilled the request

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE