BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1234 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

In 2002 I had 969 pound in a pension pot. I was advised to not transfer it into my new works pension as it would do better left with Rothschild. I have just rang to find out whats in the fund and was told zero due to charges cancelling out the fund. Im mad as they have not sent an annual statement in the last 14 years. Ive just spoken with the press who seem interested.

Regards

Edited by paulwlton
spelling

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

As long as you have been updating them with any change of address if you have moved, you should have received a statement every year.

Contact http://www.pensionsadvisoryservice.org.uk/pension-problems/making-a-complaint for advise and to making a complaint.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

As long as you have been updating them with any change of address if you have moved, you should have received a statement every year.

Contact http://www.pensionsadvisoryservice.org.uk/pension-problems/making-a-complaint for advise and to making a complaint.

Stigman

Same address since 1991. Daily Mail are doing the story.

Winston Churchill

Although great that the Daily Mail is taking on your story, they do get results but if not approach the Regulator who can give a binding decision if found in your favour.

Please keep us updated on progress.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

Although great that the Daily Mail is taking on your story, they do get results but if not approach the Regulator who can give a binding decision if found in your favour.

Please keep us updated on progress.

Stigman

Thanks, ill contact the regulator tomorrow.

Regards

Winston Churchill

The funds in debit by £37.00 but they've told me they are wiping it as chasing me for the debt would cost them more.

This is ridiculous.

Winston Churchill

Apart from you not receiving an annual statement have you received any correspondence from 2002 until present?

If not you are going to have to send a Subject Access Request to find out what has been going on & why you have received nothing for the last 14 years.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

Apart from you not receiving an annual statement have you received any correspondence from 2002 until present?

If not you are going to have to send a Subject Access Request to find out what has been going on & why you have received nothing for the last 14 years.

Stigman

The last statement was in 2002. Pension regulator has advised i submit a written complaint.

Winston Churchill

Pension regulator has advised i submit a written complaint.

Yes, fully exhaust the complaints procedure & then you can take it to the regulator.

Keep everything in writing.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

Hi.

You posted in the media forum, so I've moved this to the main pensions one.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Yes, fully exhaust the complaints procedure & then you can take it to the regulator.

Keep everything in writing.

Stigman

Positive outcome. They are putting £2500k in my pension and are paying me compensation for distress. The Daily Mail are going to feature it.

Winston Churchill

bit like the section 32 buy out scandal - RBS had to put into a new fund a figure for a further pension for me due to misleading me to opt out of Company Pension fund

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Just spoke with the journalist that's doing the story. They believe there could be many thousands that could be effected and have asked the pension company if they are to investigate this. The expose is set for wednesday.

Paul

Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill

Hi Paul

Was you never served annual statements of the pension ?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

in all my years I never ever seen any Annual statements of pension? and they were with Large Insurance companies.????

Well I get one every year Allied Dunbar...shows how the funds are performing...ex Company Pension nothing paid in since 1998

http://www.pensionsadvisoryservice.org.uk/pension-problems/avoiding-problems/what-you-must-be-told

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

as I said I got mine in 2008 and never seen one prior from even ex company pension or private pensions. even on retiring (part retired then) it was the Pension service

Companies were:- Aviva - Royal London - Prudential - Hanover on behalf of large insurance companies

some were from the Section 32 scandal where we all lost out, and some from take overs.

Hi Paul

Was you never served annual statements of the pension ?

Regards

Andy

Nope. Ive a thread on CAG about it.

Winston Churchill

as I said I got mine in 2008 and never seen one prior from even ex company pension or private pensions. even on retiring (part retired then) it was the Pension service who told me how much I could expect and were correct as the companies informed later about 2 weeks later.

Companies were:- Aviva - Royal London - Prudential - Hanover on behalf of large insurance companies

some were from the Section 32 scandal where we all lost out, and some from take overs.

seems always been scandals.

I spoke on BBC radio Sheffield the following day advising people to be aware. Don't be fooled by the term pension "advisor" they are a "sales person" who earn a risidual commission from charges.

Regards

Winston Churchill

Company pension started March 2003 and term states "under normal circumstances you can take the pension between 50 and 75.

I've done a little research and it may be that the pension is protected from the increased age of 50 to 55 as it was entered into before December 2003.

Anyone clued up on the rules on this?

Thanks

Winston Churchill

Hello there.

I've moved your thread from the media section to the main pensions forum and left you a link to follow.

Most pensions can only be taken from age 55 now because the government changed the rules on early retirement. What do you mean by it being protected please?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum