pussycat10

Parking ticket incorectly completed / no appeals process

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1192 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I received a Penalty Notice from a small local authority, not a council however still a government based authority. I'm reluctant to name them at this stage. The ticket states a penalty payment of £50 is now due reduced to £20 if paid within 5 days. I have chosen to pay the £20 at this stage and fight the charge after without the risk of it being increased. Probably not what most of you would recommend but its not the money for me, its the principle.

The ticket has not been filled in correctly. It just states the date, time, vehicle etc. The ticket has a tick box for a choice of several car parks and also for several reasons of issuing the ticket. None of these have been completed.

The ticket also has no appeals process stated on the ticket, although the address and phone number are on the ticket. I had purchased a valid ticket which included my vehicle reg number so there is no doubt that a ticket had been purchased. The issue is the ticket was a lightweight paper till roll type ticket that must have blown off the dash as I closed the door, it was a windy day. I have read of appeals still going against people with a ticket not being displayed correctly hence my just paying the £20, however if the ticket has not been completed correctly or there if there is no appeals process then surely they must be in breach of the Traffic Management Act ?

Would appreciate any comments. My intention is to hopefully recover the £20 and ensure they change their ways....

Hello there.

This is definitely a local authority ticket? Does it say Penalty Charge Notice at the top please?

If so, we'll move you to the section for local authority parking problems.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi,

I have moved this thread to the Local Authority parking forum as you had posted in the Private Parking Forum where this type of ticket is different.

As it stands, have a look at your local authorities website (if they have one) and see what they say. On the ticket there should be information on how to appeal so that should be raised.

When you do the appeal, include a photocopy of the ticket to show that you had paid. More experienced heads than mine will be along soon (ish)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hello there.

This is definitely a local authority ticket? Does it say Penalty Charge Notice at the top please?

If so, we'll move you to the section for local authority parking problems.

HB

Yes, it's a local authority, more akin to a Parish Council or national park rather than a council if that makes sense.