BankFodder BankFodder

marshychao

PCN fine due to garage's leaving my car out on the street - are they at fault?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1291 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Greetings everyone,

I left my car with the garage for a repair (it was already paid for before the repair).

The car was tolled by the council because they left it at the side road.

Now the council is fining me for it.

Should the garage be responsible for this penalty, as it was them that put it at the side road?

What should I do?

Thanks in advance.

Have you informed the garage of this?

If you had left the car on the garages premises and they moved it to the side of the road, then of course they are responsible for it.

If you dropped the car off on the side of the road, and it was ticketed, then IMO I don't see how the garage could be held responsible.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Once the car is handed over and a signed job card exist then the responsibility lies with the garage. If there is no signed job card and the car was not left on their premises then the responsibility lies with the owner.

Would this not be a case of the RK to await a Notice to Owner and then reply explaining the car was left with the garage on their premises (and supply a photocopy of the invoice) and the RK does not know which employee of the garage was the driver who parked it there?