VCS/BW Claimform - PCN 23-04-2015 Erie Basin.... In salford quays **DISCONTINUED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2646 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive just called up the court and they make that i had until 2nd September so they said its fine.. that i submitted today thank god!

They still have not received any judgements or information from the claimant aka BS Legal - therefore they said as long as i submitted my defence today (which i did this morning) that all is well.

I think its just a waiting game now to see if BS legal continue with the claim or decide to drop it.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BW legal

and they don't decide judgements the judge does.

so was the date on the claimform 29TH? [top right]

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, the date on the letter is 29th July 2016.

The advisor explained i have 5 days from the issue date and then a further 14 days from the acknowledgement.

I dont know how he worked out the dates - he talked me though it but due to my learning difficulties with numbers... I'm accepting his calculations and have recorded his name and time of call if anything further comes of it!

side note: again regardless of the outcome of the case id just like to say thanks for everyones advise! you guys do a fab job.. especially with the clueless sort like myself and i actually don't know what i would have done without this forum! :)

now you need to keep an eye on the calendar,

you should get an allocation questionnaire soon,

this will determine what court the matter is heard at (your local county court is the default) and what track (small claims procedure) and will be aksed if you accept mediation or have any dates you arent available.

Essentially you say no to mediation ( not applicable in this case but they must offer) and let the system allocate the local court when the time comes.

The plaintiff will then have to pay the allocation fee and this is where you get a chance to have the matter thrown out as they have to pay this in a set time (dates will be made clear on the paperwok both parties get).

If they dont then you write in and ask for the claim to be dismissed.

You can just wait and wait and wait but then you wont know if the matter has been dropped or not so better to be proactive.

If you are using MCOL then the dates will be flagged on your account.

ps for the record

what defence did you file?

will help others

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

apologies for the late responses i was on holiday but now back to this reality!

I have just checked my account online.. i submitted my defence on the 1/9/16 and there is still no update nor does it appear that the other party have responded to my defence.

I've not had any post from the courts either in relation to this questionnaire - other than my online account saying that they have received my defence.

In terms of what i submitted… it was just my account of events, cited all the research i did to try to locate planning permissions etc. for signange/car park but found non, the fact there were no signs saying it was a private car park and the fact i was told i could park there by the cafe i was visiting

- i wrote to their solicitors asking for information (as i was advised in this forum) and received no acknowledgement or response from them which i also included in my defence.

It was only after i submitted my information that i found the pre-worded one in these forums somewhere whilst looking/reading around - but I'm hoping that the courts won't look down on me as I'm by no means legally trained!

I'm going to contact the court tomorrow just to make sure there isn't an update that i have missed and will of course update on here.

Also, when i rang up about my defence submission timeline, i was told by the person i spoke to that once my defence is submitted, the other party will have a look at my submission and either choose to take it forward to court or choose to take no further action.

But as you rightly point out - i can't just keep on waiting forever for them to respond as i assume they also have a timeline in which they need to respond.?

After 33 days the claim is autostayed

and they

• 2 weeks later...

just another huff of hot air designed to scare you into paying.

they should realise that when things get this far people arent afraid of them any more.

One of the reasons I like it when they comment on thread in advice forums, it has the opposite effect of what they are trying to achieve.

We had a poster on here who was being chased for about 3 grand for parking in his own estate.

they claimed that they knew he was the poster on several forums, inc this one and they would have him for breakfast.

On the day they failed to send any witnesses and hired a solicitor who was told to just object to the defence in the vain hope the judge would adjourn.

The solicitor washed his hands of it all when he was asked for the reasons for objecting, he just said "I was told to".

Found for the defendant and the parking co had choice words said about thier actions.

If they had taken heed of the advice they would have dropped the whole thing once it was obvious they didnt have any right to start an action

(they knew that but each ticket issued is another chance to make money so they continue whith their deceptions)

Well heres hoping i get some equally inadequate opposition!!

Iv had the court letters throught offering mediation.

As advised previously i plan on rejecting this and taking it from there .

Should i not have a copy of what their defence is?! As i have not seen anything

ah ok, i'll have to wait and see where they allocate it as I'm hoping they choose my locality as oppose to theirs!

also sorry to be a pain, is it possible to post a link to the thread? i can't seem to find the one you're referring to? million thanks in advance!!! :)

not sure why this keeps popping up on Private parking Claim forms

but 3 times now people have worried about it..

a defended claim is always transferred to the defendants local court if it gets allocated.

dx

and they

Gladys has tried to get them transferred to their local court but that would need a very good reason such as disability and the consent of the defendant. The defendant can have the matter transferred to another court, one near your place of work, for example, if there is a pressing reason.

Thats reassuring to know!

I looked on MCOL and bw legal have no put anything on there... is this normal? The only letter i have receieved from them personally is that they intend to take it to court and another following letter from the county court woth the questionaire.

Theyve still not responded to my letter i sent them requesting information and i havent seen any information in terms of their evidence and what basis they are continuing on? Im assuming the process is similar to magistrates whereby both parties have copies of all the informtion to be submitted?

• 2 weeks later...

as long as you tick no then that plan will crash in flames.

If you agree then generally they will try and salvage something, such as their costs by suggesting that there is some liability.

No means they ahve to pay more money and lose the lot when they fail to follow the court procedure or show why they are suing you.

Read the parking pranksters blog about Gladstones getting claims throw out for insufficient information on the original claim to show cause of action under CPR16.4 Not answering a CPR31.14 will most likley persuade a judge of that if you go fot it later

• 4 weeks later...