£100 PCN for exceeding stay by 95 seconds

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2815 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got a PCN charge for £100 for a duration of 31 minutes where the first 30 minutes was free.

Looking at the actual time stamps the car was in the car park (not parked) for 95 seconds.

I have sent the usuall response i.e. informing them there is no way they have suffered a loss for the car being in the car park for 95 seconds.

However. I have subsequently found out that you are now supposed to obtain a ticket for the free period. They have only very recently changed their signeage to reflect this. For the past number of years this has never been the case before. On going back and looking at the signage it states that parking starts 5 minutes after entering the carpark meaning the car was only there for around 26 minutes.

I have no intention of paying this so the main question is "Can they realistically issue a charge for not displaying a ticket especially as their signage clearly states 30 minutes, a big notice on the machine says "please pay for your stay" and then in small print informs you actually need to get a ticket.

If a big sign says 30 minutes free and sign at the ticket machined says "please pay for your stay" I would deduce that becuase you stay for less than 30 minutes you dont need to pay therefore there is no need to get a ticket.

They are essentially charging me £100 for not getting a ticket.

I beat them last time when I dared them to take me to court but it is just hassle and un necessary stress.

Need more info. Dates, times, companies involved? What are the signs like, wheres the location, have you recieved a NTK, was there a ticket on the dash?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

your first mistake was to contact them and argue the toss rather than taking advice on whether their NTK was compliant with the PoFA first. You now have to prove that the contract you have entered into is unfair or defective so you have a lot more work to do to beat their claim.

Tell us what company, where the car park was, who owns it, when you parked ect so we can offer best advice t your circumstances

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.