Arrows/restons claimform - HSBC Loan - Can I avoid it?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1840 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the court sends you an acknowledgement letter advising the claimant has 28 days from when they are served your defence to respond.

In the meantime we (am at that stage) have to draft our witness statement/ fuller defence.

Do read similar posts, you learn a lot from them as to what next.

Sure the site team will also

advice us both :-)

I think you will next receive the Directions Questionnaire which is self explanatory but let us know when u get it

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

I think the court sends you an acknowledgement letter advising the claimant has 28 days from when they are served your defence to respond.

In the meantime we (am at that stage) have to draft our witness statement/ fuller defence.

Do read similar posts, you learn a lot from them as to what next.

Sure the site team will also

advice us both :-)

I have received this.

I think you will next receive the Directions Questionnaire which is self explanatory but let us know when u get it

Have not received this yet.

I have received the acknowledgement.

Could you please link me to similar posts?

Just search your thread title in the cag search bar and you will find plenty if them.

My post of 9th sept was a little ahead of where you are.

Now you have filed your defence, if the claimant wishes to proceed then the case will be transferred to your local county court. They in turn will allocate it to track and send you notification via an N149A, you respond to this by serving the claimant solicitors and court with an N180(DQ).

The N149A will contain information as to what you need to do

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

just let it happen

don't get confused

you don't need to get any forms

they come TO YOU

if the claim DOES progress.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just search your thread title in the cag search bar and you will find plenty if them.

My post of 9th sept was a little ahead of where you are.

Now you have filed your defence, if the claimant wishes to proceed then the case will be transferred to your local county court. They in turn will allocate it to track and send you notification via an N149A, you respond to this by serving the claimant solicitors and court with an N180(DQ).

The N149A will contain information as to what you need to do

Thank you. I will search on the forum.

If the claim does not progress, will they or the court inform me in writing?

They already have in their acknowledgement of your defence...its states whats happens if the claimant does not contact the the court to proceed within 28 days.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I doubt there's a conspiracy theory, they simply work on the principle of paying a debt back, whether its enforceable or not, no questions asked.

• 2 weeks later...

Standard Arrow Template response....but if they do not accept that they are the creditor...then they are not allowed to litigate the debt ...either its been assigned to them or not.

Ignore

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Standard Arrow Template response....but if they do not accept that they are the creditor...then they are not allowed to litigate the debt ...either its been assigned to them or not.

Ignore

Andy

Hi Andy,

What usually happens next?

Can they proceed with the Claim based on some other Credit Act?

no.

theres is only one act.

so awaiting the claim to get stayed then 28 days from your defence filing date

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no

and they

yes 1000's of like threads here

and they

Do they actually ever come up with documents from the original creditor proving that I owe them (arrow global)?

Very rarely ...but if the agreement is post 2007 they may try a reconstituted version

The original loan was from 2005 but HSBC made me consolidate every few years, and the last time I consolidated was sometime in 2009, I think.

What is this reconstituted version? I googled it, and only found links to sites that mention it to be unenforceable? CONfused now.

A reconstituted version is remake of the original...using the original details.

• Lenders can satisfy a s78 (and s77) request by providing a reconstituted version of the executed agreement, which may be reconstituted from sources other than the actual signed agreement. A copy of the original signed agreement itself does not have to be provided.

• The copy provided must contain, amongst other things, the name and address of the debtor as at the date of the agreement.

• The document need not comply (if signed) with the requirements of the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 (CCAR) as to form, as at the date the agreement was made.

• If an agreement has been varied, a (reconstituted) copy of the original agreement must be provided along with a (reconstituted) copy of the amended agreement.

• A breach of s78 does not of itself give rise to an unfair relationship within the meaning of s140A CCA.

• The court can exercise its discretion and make a declaration that there has been a breach of s78, depending upon the facts of the particular case. If the lender has admitted the breach in the proceedings, the court will not make such a declaration.

• In determining whether the debtor has signed a document stated to contain the "prescribed terms", the court held that, for the purposes of s61 and of s127(3) CCA, the document need not be a single piece of paper. A physical connection between several pieces of paper is not necessary. Where the debtor's signature and the prescribed terms are on separate pieces of paper, the question of whether together they constitute one document is a question of substance, not form. Mere cross-reference to prescribed terms without a copy being supplied to the debtor at the time of signature would not suffice.

• If the lender cannot establish, following a trial, that there was a document signed by the debtor containing the prescribed terms, that would not of itself entail an unfair relationship.

It is clear now that a reconstituted copy of the original document will suffice. The judge held that, as a matter of good practice, lenders should consider telling debtors that a reconstituted document is just that. Even if an agreement cannot be reconstituted and therefore there is a breach of s78, although the agreement may be unenforceable pending compliance, that does not mean there is an unfair relationship.

Procedures should be put in place to ensure that the information required to reconstitute documents is retained.