HPH2/Cohen claimforn - old Barclay card debt - Now CO Threat

king100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2142 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Barclaycard.....

I see we've just today had another BC case that they've Disc'd so its really pot luck..

Did it go to court?

My respect to people who post regularly and help people out on here. Without your help alot of wrongs would have been committed.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt no. I dont think they applied for it, as they asked for interest upto today and fees.

Am drafting up a SAR request for additional information.

Here is what I put.

Dear Sir or Madam

Subject access request

Please supply the information about me I am entitled to under the Data Protection Act 1998 relating to Claim XXXXXXX and Barclaycard Account No XXXXXXXXXXXXXX. This information should not be limited and should include:

Any and all correspondence, whether letters, emails or faxes between your solicitor who represented you in court and your lawyers Howard Cohen & Co Solicitors (between XXXXXXX and XXXXXXX) that are relevant to my case and between Hoist Finance in relation to obtaining my CCA agreement from Barclays.

Copies of all statements held for the duration that the account was opened to when the account defaulted. Account No XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

If you need any more information from me, or a fee, please let me know as soon as possible.

It may be helpful for you to know that a request for information under the Data Protection Act 1998 should be responded to within 40 days.

If you do not normally deal with these requests, please pass this letter to your Data Protection Officer. If you need advice on dealing with this request, the Information Commissioner’s Office can assist you and can be contacted on 0303 123 1113 or at ico.org.uk

What I really want to find out is whether they actually applied to Barclays for my agreement, or they just used one of their bog standard CCAs on file.

My respect to people who post regularly and help people out on here. Without your help alot of wrongs would have been committed.

I didnt no. I dont think they applied for it, as they asked for interest upto today and fees.

ok. at least then there isn't any post judgment interest.

• 1 month later...

Afternoon

Just had the judgement come through dated 24th Feb 2017. Stating I have to pay 10k+ on or before 10 March 2017.

Just received today.

Whats the next course as dont have 10k.

N245 form to be filled in?

cheers for finding it, I looked in previous posts and it wasent there.

post 161 already detailed what to do.

merged thread tidied

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 11 months later...

Letter received today from Howard Cohen.

Potential Charging Order

If sum of 10k+ is not paid within 10 days.

CCJ against me judgement was 08/16. Only now has they decided to write to me after the court case over a year ago.

Is it time for N245 to offer payment and let court decide my payment plan.

Also house in 2 names mine and my partners with 2 kids under 18.

the debt is solely yours?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

merged threads again for the umpteenth time...

as its joint home but solely your debt

theres not much they can do with a restriction k

all you would ever need to do would be tell them the home is sold afterwards if you ever did sell..

and they

Yes sorry for the repost.

So N245 to court then

Any reason why its taken them over a year to send me a letter and this is the 1st one from them apart from a letter from the court with the outcome.

bet it doesn't say WILL anything

a restriction k wont harm you anyhow

and you don't have to pay anything.

and they

I doubt they will just let a 10K judgment sit idle.....I personally would get a payment plan in place as already advised ages ago.It wont guarantee against a CO as they can still place it irrespective of payments being made...but providing its kept up to date with no arrears it minimises their further options with regards to execution of the judgment.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 1 month later...

Just got the paperwork about charging order on the house. This is the 1st letter from them apart from advising me a few weeks ago that they were going for a CO. Nothing sine the court case back last year.

Did you submit the N245.....are you making payments ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

I did came back from court and never resubmitted.

No contact from them at all. No letters asking for money nothing.

So you still have no payment plan in place.....why did the court return it ?

nope no payment plan, cant remember why they did return it was ages ago.

they havent contacted me regarding a payment plan themselves.

Edited by dx100uk
Merge

they havent contacted me regarding a payment plan themselves.

They dont need to they have a Restriction on its way...which secures the Judgment....would have looked better for you if you could have shown the court you are making payments.

Still you dont know why the court returned it and you didn't bother querying it......so cest la vie

ok, anything I do about it, debt in my name house in mine and partners name, plus we have kids under 18, dont want them to make me sell.

I deally would like no CO on house but that doesnt look good. Seen a few posts that suggest to let them have it, then feww years down the line offer a settlement, as they need to wait for me to sell the house and that could be many years from now.

Doesnt it look bad on their side that they have not sent me any letters regarding this and 2 in the in 1 1/2 years?

I dont suppose they are bothered...they have their judgment...they are about to get their restriction...they dont need to chase you.

I wouldn't worry about any forced sale...very rare on a Restriction