Vodafone TOOK £250 from my account....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2821 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Was looking for advice, on how to proceed:-

On the 16th July, Vodafone took a payment from my debit card of £250. I queried the payment with the customer service team but they had no knowledge of the payment, i was told that i needed to take a copy of my bank statement proving the payment to my local store (12.5 mile round trip). Which i did, who simply put a note on my account saying the payment had been taken.

I went home and spoke to another rep who confirmed it was a mistake and that a refund would appear in my account within 5 days - The refund never showed in my account.

I tried calling up again, to be told a refund had been processed and would appear in my account within 5 days - again, there was no payments made in my account.

I tried speaking with an online adviser, who claims the original refund had been cancelled but she could 'see' that a new refund had been initiated and that it would be with me yesterday.

I had little surprise, when no money showed in my account yesterday.

Loosing £250 has really made a big impact on my life, I was planning on using the money to take my son away for a few days during the summer holidays, but instead; the money has now gone towards paying our mortgage! - someone should be held accountable!

During the online chat, i had threatened to go to small claims court if the money wasn't in my account by the final, final deadline. The Deadline has obviously passed - Should i enlist the help of the small claims court? or should i go to the police? - Theft is theft, no matter how it is jazzed up!

Would i also be in a position to cancel the existing term of my contract under a breach of contract?

Hi and welcome to CAG. Unfortunately, I have had to change the title of your thread slightly. hope you understand.

On to VF. They are rubbish and have been so for the last 2-3 years due to an upgrade in their systems that basically screwed customers. Nobody wanted to adopt a customers problems at all so this is what we advise.

Firstly, contact your bank to see if they can claw this back. you may be too late but it's always worth a shot.

Next, DO NOT phone VF unless you can record them. You do not need to tell them they are recording. As you have been talking over the phone, it is highly unlikely they are treating this as a complaint so they can take as long as they like to resolve so you should be sending them a letter headed Formal Complaint. Lay out what has happened, give them a set amount of time to resolve this if you really do intend to take court action or let the 8 week period continue until they either resolve or give you a deadlock letter. After 8 weeks, you can go to the Ombudsman whether or not VF agree.

If court action is going to go ahead, you will need to send a letter before action (LBA) giving them a short time to sort or court papers will land on their desk.

I suggest that as well as the money they have taken, they should offer a gesture of Goodwill as well for all th time and trouble you have had to go through.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi,

Was looking for advice, on how to proceed:-

On the 16th July, Vodafone took a payment from my debit card of £250. I queried the payment with the customer service team but they had no knowledge of the payment, i was told that i needed to take a copy of my bank statement proving the payment to my local store (12.5 mile round trip). Which i did, who simply put a note on my account saying the payment had been taken.

I went home and spoke to another rep who confirmed it was a mistake and that a refund would appear in my account within 5 days - The refund never showed in my account.

I tried calling up again, to be told a refund had been processed and would appear in my account within 5 days - again, there was no payments made in my account.

I tried speaking with an online adviser, who claims the original refund had been cancelled but she could 'see' that a new refund had been initiated and that it would be with me yesterday.

I had little surprise, when no money showed in my account yesterday.

Loosing £250 has really made a big impact on my life, I was planning on using the money to take my son away for a few days during the summer holidays, but instead; the money has now gone towards paying our mortgage! - someone should be held accountable!

During the online chat, i had threatened to go to small claims court if the money wasn't in my account by the final, final deadline. The Deadline has obviously passed - Should i enlist the help of the small claims court? or should i go to the police? - Theft is theft, no matter how it is jazzed up!

Would i also be in a position to cancel the existing term of my contract under a breach of contract?

Whilst it as appalling, and seems par for the course for Voda going by the threads on CAG and their self admitted billing issues, it isn't theft, nor was the money stolen.

Incompetence doesn't mean they had either or both of:

a) dishonest intent, or

b) intent to permanently deprive, both of which are required for it to be theft.

Appalling? Yes. Theft, No.

No point in going to the police, (who would likely send you to ActionFraud anyway if they thought it was Theft/Fraud).

go do a chargeback on your debt card to your bank

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

HI CRousell and welcome to CAG.

While I agree with both DX and SF in relation to the below - I think that a more direct approach should be taken. Be aware that while we dont have our VF rep at the moment, there maybe a way to get this resolve.

Please Take DXs advice as is as a back up should something go wrong. You may need to do a chargeback.

I find that complaining high up via email works a treat, I have personally emailed the MDs office 4 or 5 times in the last year to sort some pretty serious issues.

Post By SF

If court action is going to go ahead, you will need to send a letter before action (LBA) giving them a short time to sort or court papers will land on their desk.

I suggest that as well as the money they have taken, they should offer a gesture of goodwill as well for all th time and trouble you have had to go through.

This is spot on and should be taken into account when emailing :)

If you need emails for the top dogs , please let me know.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Whilst it as appalling, and seems par for the course for Voda going by the threads on CAG and their self admitted billing issues, it isn't theft, nor was the money stolen.

Incompetence doesn't mean they had either or both of:

a) dishonest intent, or

b) intent to permanently deprive, both of which are required for it to be theft.

Appalling? Yes. Theft, No.

No point in going to the police, (who would likely send you to ActionFraud anyway if they thought it was Theft/Fraud).

Strangely their system never makes a mistake in customer's favour...

The little devil on my left shoulder tells me that it is a deliberate motion which will see Vodafone shutting the curtains and millions of customers out of pocket, very soon...

Hi and welcome to CAG. Unfortunately, I have had to change the title of your thread slightly. hope you understand.

On to VF. They are rubbish and have been so for the last 2-3 years due to an upgrade in their systems that basically screwed customers. Nobody wanted to adopt a customers problems at all so this is what we advise.

Firstly, contact your bank to see if they can claw this back. you may be too late but it's always worth a shot.

Next, DO NOT phone VF unless you can record them. You do not need to tell them they are recording. As you have been talking over the phone, it is highly unlikely they are treating this as a complaint so they can take as long as they like to resolve so you should be sending them a letter headed Formal Complaint. Lay out what has happened, give them a set amount of time to resolve this if you really do intend to take court action or let the 8 week period continue until they either resolve or give you a deadlock letter. After 8 weeks, you can go to the Ombudsman whether or not VF agree.

I suggest that as well as the money they have taken, they should offer a gesture of Goodwill as well for all th time and trouble you have had to go through.

Whilst this is the correct procedure to follow, the op needs the money now, not in 2-3 months.

I would pester the hell out of the ceo office via all means (email, phone, fax, in person if close by).

I would even go to a vodafone shop and make a peaceful sit in after having contacted the press.

Some newspapers love absurd stories like this one: Mother cannot take son on holiday because Vodafone took money out of her account.

Email: jeroen.hoencamp@vodafone.com

Telephone 01635 33251