• Tweets

• Hi Dave, Yep .... Will have to do AOS tomorrow .... Are you referring to CPR 31.14 Request?
    • I don't think I've ever seen someone appeal a mags court decision on fare evasion, JK, but as you say in this case TiredDodo has pleaded guilty. It is possible to challenge, as below. HB Appeal a magistrates’ court decision: Overview - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK How to challenge a decision by a magistrates' court. Including how to get a fine reviewed, if you did not know about your case, how to appeal to the...  
    • Update! I have now opened the mail from Barclaycard. I am assuming that their letters were prompted by my confirmation to them of my change of address, which I had advised them of twice. They are treating my change of address notification as a "General Data Protection Regulation Right of Access Request"  and state that I have made a "Right of Access Request. They are asking me to provide valid indentity documents! I have made no such request and am minded to ignore their request for extra information? I should add that their letters were sent to my correct current address!
    • Are you allowed to appeal if you plead guilty?   I know you appeal the sentence, but the criminal record formed from your guilt would surely remain?   I'm not sure if your able to appeal a crimianl record if you plead guilty are you?
    • DX: I did not pursue Link after I got the CCJ amended to monthly payments. Pretty sure the CCJ does not mention reviews, I do have the CCJ somewhere, I will have to look it up in storage. It is as mentioned on the thread you referenced  in your post #28. The Barclays loan was taken out in September 2004 for 60 months! Current Balance remaining approx £2K. On checking back my past correspondence with Barclaycard about this loan, there was a history of them ignoring my letters and offers to pay, and I even had problems in obtaining their bank account details for them to accept my payments! I have received strange correspondence from them too, one referring to insurance which I did not have. They seem very disorganised! Barclaycard told me to pay "Masterloan" a while back and I now receive regular statements and arrears notices from "Personal Loans from Barclaycard" clearly marked Masterloan, they changed the account reference number! I have never requested a CCA on this account. I advised them of my change of address last September, but they are still sending, until today, statements etc. to my old address! I have received 2 letters from Barclaycard Loan today though, not opened them yet!!
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Hhmmmm.....Very Interesting

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5034 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Have been meaning to look into this little forum for quite some time but never managed to get round to it. I have had various PPI agreements over the years and must have paid out a fortune in premiums.

To start heres a summary of my PPI history to date (more to clarify in my head what info I need to dig up than anyhting else)

Lloyds TSB Graduate loan one £3500 + PPI. Start date around Sept 1999. Was a contractor at the time of taking out this loan so didnt actually qualify for cover as I found out much to my dismay around 9 months later. Bank staff were aware of my employment status.

Lloyds TSB Graduate loan two + PPI - a refinance of first loan. Not given option to remove PPI. Only had this loan before refinancing into graduate loan 3.

Lloyds TSB Graduate loan three £6500 + PPI (used to pay off previous loan). Start date unknown. Was informed I had to have PPI due to poor credit rating. Tried to cancel the PPI a coulpe of years into the loan but was refused, no idea of the date.

Lloyds TSB Loan £8000 + PPI.Start date unknown. Was informed I had to have PPI due to poor credit rating. Tried to cancel the PPI but was refused, no idea of the date.

Lloyds TSB loan £9000 no PPI finally got wise (used to pay off previous loans). Start date May 2005. Was finally getting sick of the PPI so paid off old loan.

Egg Visa £4100 limit + PPI - no idea when I got this 2001?? paid off now with egg loan

Egg MasterCard £4100 limit + PPI - no idea when I got this 2001?? paid off now with egg loan. Both cards automatically came with PPI. I did manage to cancel the policies but only after paying out hyundreds of pounds first.

Egg Loan £7000 not sure if had PPI or not (Used to pay off cards)

To summarise I need dates and account numbers for each loan. Amounts for the PPI cover. S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request for each to request statements and copies of loan agreements

Question - is there a template S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) available for PPI

skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

Victory over Vodafone: default removal

click!

Victory over Lloyds PPI claim £2606 click!

Barclaycard lazygoing - £580 + £398 contractual int at 17.7 % click! (Received partial payment £110 21/11/06)

The GF's battle against RBS click! stayed awaiting the end of the world

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to online banking I now have the loan numbers for lloyds loan 3, 4 and 5. Just the graduate loans one and two outstanding from lloyds. Also have the credit card numbers from Egg and the loan account number from egg.

Have a sneaky feeling I had PPI on my NatWest Visa and MasterCard, these were paid off around 7 years ago but know for a fact PPI would never have been explained to me. Still bit of a long shot I think going after them, just finding out the account numbers could take a massive amount of effort

skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

click!

Barclaycard lazygoing - £580 + £398 contractual int at 17.7 % click! (Received partial payment £110 21/11/06)

Cheers Lookin, my SAR requests are unfortunately gunna have to wait till pay day as am quite quite skint. Gives me a bit more time to read up on the subject though I suppose. On the bright side i've found the account number 1 of my natwest cards that I defaulted on - its on a letter from a DCA. Am also gunna obtain my credit report as this may have details of other cards (store cards, visa's etc) i've had in the far distant past

Early Repayment Charges (ERC)

On at least three of my loan that ive paid off early i was hit with a ERC.

For lloyds these amounted to 3 months interest of the closing balance. I now believe these to be a penalty charges, and thus unenforceable as per bank charges, and I want them back. And will fight tooth and claw to get them.

Handy Hint for Avoiding ERC's

For the last lloyds loan I paid off I was more aware of these ERC's so what i did was to pay off 95 % of my balance one month and then the following month request a settlement figure, as the balance of the loan was now really small the ERC of 3 months interest of the closing balance was also very small so ended up saving myself a fair wad of cash.

skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

click!

• 2 weeks later...

Am now ready to send off my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request. Have pulled a few things together and am gunna send them this, its a bit OTT but may as well get as much info they have on me as possible.

Dear Penny Berryman,

Re: Subject Access Request, Data Protection Act 1984 / 1998

Former Addresses:

Current Address:

Loan Account Numbers inclusive but not limited to:

I understand that you currently hold details of my personal and financial information within your internal record systems with regards to personal loans.

I would be grateful if you would provide the following for ALL personal loans I have held with your organization:

• Full copies of all contracts which you believe exist or have existed between myself and your organisation, including true copies of any documents you hold in support of same.
  • A complete list of all transactions or statements relating to ALL my loan accounts with your organisation.

• Copies of all documents which include any of my personal information including copies of any contracts or invoices, emails or computer records containing my personal information, or any records which pertain to this information.

• Full copies or transcripts of any computer logs or database records kept in relation to myself or in relation to my financial or personal information.

• Full copies of any correspondence in postal, email or any other format which you have entered into with any individual, organisation or third party which contains my personal or financial information, or which pertains to myself.

• Where any previous information or records held have been deleted or disposed of, the methods used to do so, including dates, certificates or references confirming details of destruction. Where you are unable to provide such certificates, please provide a declaration, signed by an authorised officer of your company, confirming the dates and methods of destruction of this data.

• Full hard copy print outs of any of my personal or financial information held in a digital, magnetic or any other format which is held in any archives, backups or other storage devices / locations.

I enclose a cheque in the sum of £10 to cover your fee. If you are unable to deal with this request, you should immediately forward it to the person within your organisation responsible for Data Protection. If you do not provide the information requested within the given time limits (40 days) under current Law, a complaint will be registered with the Information Commissioners Office and the Office of Fair Trading.

I look forward to hearing from you in the first instance.

Lets see what they send me

skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

click!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi skbunks - I'm reading your thread with interest

Both cards automatically came with PPI. I did manage to cancel the policies but only after paying out hyundreds of pounds first.

This has happened to me also with an Egg Card, I know there is no way I would have asked for the PPI cover and would have refused it if I'd known as I know what a money spinner they are for the card companies and I was self employed at the time. I now realise that it wasn't me going mad!

I'm keen to claim this back now as I don't have anything on my card but I do have a loan with them

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

Hi Sue,

Ive only submitted my SAR for my loans with lloyds so far (am still waitng but have no response whatsoever) but am going to get the ball rolling with egg in the new year, I too have a nice £15K loan with egg, which fortunately doesnt have PPI on it.

My egg card PPI ended up costing a fortune cos I had two of them (visa and mastercard) each up to there limits of £4100, I cant remember exactly but have a feeling the PPI was costing me around £40 to £50 a month on EACH card. Think it might have been a pound for every £100 on the card. Still the SAR will sort out exactly how much it all came too.

To be honest I dont think it will be easy getting our cash back but im going to give it a damn good go. There is also of course the niggling worry that egg will retaliate and demand immediate repayment of loans but I say let em try it and i'll see them in court.

Anyway keep us informed on your progress

skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

click!

Hi watching your thread with interest... Theres always hope that they intend to defend court action and decide not to as its not good for them ect...

Anyway thats my fear of taking my case further that A and L ask for my loan back

Does anyone know if they can do???

Good luck with claims!

Delly x

Halifax cc Won settled in full after moneyclaim.

MBNA WON SETTLED IN FULL....

IKEA Data Protection Act sent 12/7/06 prelim sent 11/08/2006 gone to moneyclaim Ikea said they,d pay up but have yet to see the money

Halifax current Won!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theres always hope that they intend to defend court action and decide not to as its not good for them ect...

Anyway thats my fear of taking my case further that A and L ask for my loan back

Does anyone know if they can do???

To be honset I dont know whether or not they can do it however I think they would find it very hard to defend such retaliatory actions in a court of law.

skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

click!

Update:

Well I asked for it and lloyds have certainly gave it to me. In response to my rather detailed S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) (post 5) they have sent me a nice liitle bundle of information. Comes to a wad of A4 printouts 3 inches thick. Is gunna take me ages to plow through it all. On a quick glance everything asked for seems to be there, everything from loan agreements to credit scoring info but not got time to go through it until after chrimbo. There are even copies of my prelim and LBA for claiming back unlawful charges

skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

click!

• 4 weeks later...

I Have now gone through the info supplied which is summarised below. There is unfortunately no info on my first loan which was opened in 1999 and closed in 2001. As the close date is within the 6 year limit for a SAR then i'll be raising a complaint if they dont produce it.

Term 60 months Graduate loan 1.

Loan amount £3500 - monthly repayment £70.76

Insurance amount £709.07 - monthly repayment £14.34

Total loan £4209.7

Total monthly payment - £85.10

APR - 7.8 %

Term 60 months

Start 16/11/99. Payment date 8th of month

Missed payments on loan due to unemployment 10/7/00 and 9/8/00

Payments made (excluding final payment) - 18ish

Final payment £3090 on 1/10/01??

Insurance rebate – Believe I did get one

Insurance to claim back – 18 x £14.34 = £272.46 + rebate of ???

Graduate loan 2 - £2910 in cash and £3090 to repay graduate loan 1.

Loan amount £6000 - monthly repayment £120.4

Insurance amount £1215.53 - monthly repayment £24.39

Total loan £7215.53

Total monthly payment £144.79

APR - 7.8 %

Term 60 months

Start date - 1/10/01. Payment date 8th of month.

Payments made (excluding final payment) - 6

Final payment of £6619.23 on 10/4/02

Insurance rebate - Believe I did get one. I calculate it should have been £1115

Insurance to claim back – 6 x £24.39 = £146.34 + rebate of £1115 if not already received

Graduate loan 3 - To repay existing debts of £8461.70 (loan 2 £6619.23 and OD £1842.47) + cash of £38.30

Loan amount £8500 - monthly repayment £170.57.

Insurance amount £1722.03 - monthly repayment £34.56

Total loan £10222.03

Total monthly payment £205.13

APR - 7.8 %

Start date - 10/04/02. Payment date 8th of month.

Payments made (excluding final payment) - 39

Final payment - £4061.91 on £29/6/05

Early settlement fee - £52.17

Insurance rebate - No evidence for such from bank statements. I calculate that rebate should have been around £711.

Insurance to claim back – 39 x £34.56 = £1347.84 + rebate of £711 if not already received

Select loan

Loan amount £6500 - monthly repayment £150.78

Insurance amount £1527.3 - monthly repayment £35.55

Total loan £8027.30

Total monthly payment £186.83

APR - 14.9 %

Term 60 months

Start date - 9/01/04. Payment date 8th of month.

Payments made (excluding final payment and additional payments) - 15

Additional payments payments - £4500 28/5/04; £780 10/1/05;

Final payment - £636.6 11/4/05

Rebate – Received £1103.31 (I calculate it at £1301.63).

Early settlement fee - £14.33

Insurance to claim back – 15 x £35.55 = £497.70

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

click!

Brief summary

Graduate loan 1 – Claiming £274.46. Require bank statements to determine whether rebate of £527 was received.

Graduate loan 2 – Claiming £146.34. Require bank statements to determine whether rebate of £1115 was received

Graduate loan 3 – Claiming £1347.84 + £711 (rebate as no evidence this was received from bank statements). Early settlement fee of £52.17

Select Loan – Claiming £497.70 plus difference between what rebate was and what it should have been - £198. Early settlement fee £14.33

Total £4883.84 which may reduce to £2332 if evidence of rebates is found.

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

click!

Heres a copy of the front sheet of one of my contracts. They're all pretty much the same

gradloan2page1edited.jpg?t=1169123381

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

click!

And links to the whole contract

gradloan2page1edited.jpg

gardloan2page2.jpg

gradlaon2page3.jpg

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

click!

The spreadsheets i used for my calculations can be found here

PPI for posting web.xls

skb

• Haha 1

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

click!

Questions - The burden of proof

My first graduate loan PPI was obviously missold as it was not fit for purpose - ie I was on a temporary working contract and when I lost my job and tried to claim I was told I they wouldnt pay out because temporary contracts were not covered by the insurance. On taking out the loan the bank was aware that I was on a temporary contract.

For subsequent loans I was told no PPI then no loan - how do I prove this as its my word against theirs??????

Question - Contracts

Does the loan contract have to state the total amount payable under the agreement i.e the loan + PPI + interest???

skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

click!

if you can prove taht your contracts were tempoarary at this point I imagine that is all the proof that you will need.

Cite your previous experience of trying to claim whilst on a temp contract (why would you want to do that again?)

There was a rule brought in , I think it was from Feb 2005 that any Agreement has to Include a total charge for credit. As far as I can remember this was introduced by the FSA..I will have a look later when I have more time. I have it on file somewhere..lol

And it has to be laid out ..along these lines

Loan amount Interest Amount Total

PPI Cost Interest Amount Total

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

if you can prove taht your contracts were tempoarary at this point I imagine that is all the proof that you will need.

Cite your previous experience of trying to claim whilst on a temp contract (why would you want to do that again?)

For the first loan your right I think that is all the proof I need (getting the proof maybe problematic however). For all subsequent loans however I was in full time employment.

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

click!

There was a rule brought in , I think it was from Feb 2005 that any Agreement has to Include a total charge for credit. As far as I can remember this was introduced by the FSA..I will have a look later when I have more time. I have it on file somewhere..lol

And it has to be laid out ..along these lines

Loan amount Interest Amount Total

PPI Cost Interest Amount Total

Hi Reidnet. Were there any rules regarding the above in effect pre 2005, as all my loans were taken out before then

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

click!

Hi SKbuncks,

Before the FSA brought out that rule in 2005 it was not essential to split the total cost of credit in the fashion as mentioned above. It was basically a free for all before that ruling was brought in.

The rule was brought in to stop consumers being mislead into the actual cost of the loan and the PPI. Did it work..I Think Not..

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

The spreadsheets i used for my calculations can be found here

PPI for posting web.xls

skb

hi iv been unable to upload the spreadsheet you mentioned any alternative

ive got a couple of ppi claims to make on personall loans

one still in force, a single premium insurance loan with halifax, and another monthly premium ppi with Abbey

thanks boxers 64

hi iv been unable to upload the spreadsheet you mentioned any alternative

ive got a couple of ppi claims to make on personall loans

one still in force, a single premium insurance loan with halifax, and another monthly premium ppi with Abbey

thanks boxers 64

Hi Boxer, Have just tried it and the download still works so I would give it another go.

Its not really a template though and more of a "This is how i did it" type thing. It can be modified for anyones claim if you play around with a bit but is quite time consuming in the amount of data you have to enter. Im sure there are better ways to do it but the calculations involved are far beyond my simple mind to grasp

skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

click!