ATOS Assessment, HP admitted she had not read the form or supporting evidence - ** RECONSIDERATION SUCCESSFUL **

Gary44
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2779 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, folks

I recently had a PIP assessment and was shocked when the HP admitted that she hadn't bothered to read either the form or the supporting evidence, prior to the "assessment".

I was wondering how this will play out at a tribunal?

I recorded the whole assessment on my wife's phone

• 1 month later...

Just to let you know I was successful with my reconsideration, and am getting the enhanced rate of mobility.

I know that having a recording of the whole "assessment" was invaluable when going through the ATOS report and being able to point out the "inconsistency's " when what I said didn't match what was written down.

• Haha 1

Thanks,

I really want to thank the members whose advice has been so helpful

Gary

If you haven't already, you might like to thank people who've helped by clicking on the star at the bottom left of one of their posts and leaving a short message. This will add to their reputation.

HB

• Confused 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi Jason,

I suppose you could have called it covert, my wife's phone was in a fabric phone case in the outside mesh pocket of the folder I use to keep all the forms etc together, it was placed on the desk in clear view, but the screen was facing down so not visible.

I didn't tell the assessor that the phone was recording.

But with out having a recording I couldn't prove the "errors" that turned up in the report.

I honestly don't know, the assumptions and errors made by the assessor, were glaring and if she had bothered to read the form and supporting evidence, 30 plus pages including x rays, consultants reports and letters, all indexed to the questions, relevant information and statements clearly highlighted, to make it impossible for the DWP and its accomplices to say they didn't have the necessary information. she would have probably not written what she did.

However, I do think that a covert recording allows people to hoist ATOS by its own petard and gives you a clear picture of the process to go forward with a mandatory reconsideration or tribunal.

I think that when they know that they will be held accountable on a official recording they don't use the standard interview techniques, but stick to the letter of the law. My personal opinion is that ATOS and its assessors hold everyone they see in contempt, regarding them as feckless parasites trying to work the system.

I would despite the risks use covert recording again because the DWP and ATOS cannot be trusted