Right-to-buy policy is scrapped in Scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2819 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right-to-buy policy is scrapped in Scotland

Housing associations have welcomed the end of the right-to-buy policy in Scotland after more than 30 years.

MSPs voted in 2014 to scrap the scheme, introduced by Margaret Thatcher’s government in the 1980s.

Right to buy has been blamed for a shortage of housing in the social rental sector and a deadline of two years was given for council and housing association tenants to apply to buy their property.

Shelter Scotland said more than 500,000 social homes were sold off under right to buy, and for every three homes sold only one was built in replacement.

READ MORE HERE: https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/jul/31/right-to-buy-policy-scrapped-scotland-social-housing

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Time it was abolished across UK, since new house purchase savings accounts, with tax benefits, were introduced by G.O.

It has caused a reduction in affordable Social housing, in part due to T 'greed/fraud' and private investor opportunism.

Predicted when Maggie first proposed the Policy.

Many pundits would agree that local rents are subject to local supply, but any increase in supply is likely to impact on loca greenbelt.

In my experience the shortage of housing tends to be because, whilst everybody wants more housing to be built, they just don't want it built near them.

My local area often sees housing developments stalled for years because local residents will pull out every reason they can why no more houses should be built in their area. And this is when it's not even greenbelt land.

the reason for the housing shortage is the rapid increase in the population, especially over the past 10 years leading to greater demand. It doesnt really matter who owns the housing stock, it is simply that there isnt enough of it. Also the problem is geographic with Scotland certainly not suffering in this way by any real extent so like the giving of big discounts the ending of RTB is less about housing and more about politicical interference and posturing.