Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5281 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there

Been following this forum since I heard Stephen Hone on the LBC James O'Brien show (they put a link to it on their website at the time). Having gone through all the steps and had the standard letters from Birmingham, I filed my claim yesterday for £900 plus court interest and fees.

Been through all the leglislation and court advice sections of the forum several times but I just noticed the new DPA letter which mentions 'manual intervention on the account'. When I started the process in March this letter was not in the library and I am now wondering if I should now send a request for this information (if it exists!!) in preparation for the case.

Lloyds TSB, Total Charges £900, Claim Filed for £1379 - Settled

Sainsbury's Bank Credit Card, Total Charges £90 - Settled.

Welcome.

Can you pm your details for our Litigation section, pls?

Claim number, date filed, amount claimed.

I think that you should maybe wait until you see what their defence is, and make the DPA request if you need to.

I've sent you the PM Bookworm.

As I understand it, if I make the request under the DPA the bank have 40 days to respond. From my reading there is no requirement for disclosure in the small claims court, if the bank defend that case on the basis that the charges are for "additional work" (as they do in their standard letters) presumably I would have to wait upto the maximum time available under the DPA to get the manual intevention information.

Anybody got any ideas on how to get the original Terms and Conditions for accounts with the LloydsTSB? Over the last 6 years I've changed from a graduate to a classic to a classic plus account and I've lost the T&Cs that I signed at the time.

The reason I ask is I think they've changed the way they charge for unauthorised overdrafts from when most of my charges were incurred (for unauthorised overdrafts they used to take £10 straight away and send a letter, now they charge £30 but don't apply the charges until the next statement) but I guess I may need to show this in court.

• 1 month later...

Received 2 letters yesterday in the same envelope, one detailed how Martineau Johnson planned to fight all the way to the courtroom, the other was the offer of a full settlement. I have decided to accept their offer ;)

Donation will be made once the funds are received.

Congratulations!!!!!! :D

Well done on your claim, typical of them to say they're going to defend and settle in the same letter lol.

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Why say they are going to defend then say they are paying up,I dont understand their reasoning,anyone got a suggestion.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 08 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5281 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you