Chibisan

Tuition debt in 2004 ...RESOLVED...

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1205 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I needed to contact my university to get some transcripts. They told me that I have over £2k+ of fees that I still owe them. This is the first time that I heard about it. I've never received any letters from them. My home address did not change for at least 5-6 years after I graduated and I don't recall seeing any of the letters from them.

I don't remember owing them any money at all. Do they automatically expire after a certain amount of time?

I've asked for evidence for this. I don't think I've got any receipts for this and my bank statement won't go that far back.

I do need the transcript for my next job.... so wonder whether paying 2k for it is worth it.

Twill be statute barred unless they got a ccj with in the 6yrs after you left

What type of loan was it? And from whom?

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

It isn't a student loan, this is just the school fee from University of Newcastle. I just called my mom about it. She said she remember clearly paying the fee after I graduated. Because she went to the university to collect some letters for me and they said I owe some school fee. She paid it on the spot. I'm guessing they got something wrong.

Now I'm worried if they are going to chase the debt. I've not no evidence left. I'm asking my mom to see if she still has the paper bank statement from 2004.

Its statute barred even if its not been paid

End of problem eitherway

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Okay, I called them and spoke with their manager. They have confirmed that they made a mistake and I don't owe them anything! They are now willing to release the document that I've requested.

Glad to know about statute barred! Thank you.

Hey great news

Dx

spreadsheets