CP Plus Charge Notice at MOTO services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2795 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I just received the letter below regarding parking on 22 July.

What is the best way to handle it?

This one:

Dear Sir

Ref *****

I am challenging this Parking Charge Notice

I was not the driver of the vehicle and your Notice to Keeper fails to follow the statutory wording of the Protection of Freedoms Act Para 9 to pursue me as keeper.

I also refer you to Para 4(5) of the Act that under no circumstances do I have any liability for your "£40 initial charge" or any other charges.

Yours Faithfully

or this one

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5026700

http://cars.aol.co.uk/2014/08/06/aol-cars-investigation-uncovers-service-station-parking-loophole/?ncid=webmail8

Thanks in advance!

img028b.jpg

Oh god, not another reference to PEvBeavis!!! (Which has absolutely no reference OR bearing on your particular case).

EB will be along in good time to give you his sterling advice.

In the meantime DO NOTHING, sit on your hands, less for giving much more info than you have, where/when were you parked, timings, payments made, shops visited, breakdowns, disabilities??????

What's the story?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

As this is a motorway services (please state where the site is) and at night, it is highly likely the signs were unlit. IF there were signs at the entrance to the area, these must be big enough to read at a given speed and they must be lit. At night it is very difficult to see much in the car parks and of course, if you are stopping for a sleep, this can easily go over two hours (or whatever the limit is)

If we can get the area of this services, we can go to Google Maps and see if we can get sight of the signs.

from what little I can find, they have taken no cases to court this year so I wouldn't worry about that and for them to claim anything regarding Beavis, they will need to prove that their contract with the landowner is similar to Parking Eye's otherwise their claim will fail. They add this bit to scare people.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

well, their letter is not compliant with the PoFA as it doesnt provide the details of the creditor

nor does it give an address that legal documents can be served,

just a PO Box number and that isnt good enough.

If you want to respond then a short letter saying that

"the notice to keeper, received on the XXth of month 2016 is not compliant with the protocols of the PoFA 2012 so no keeper liability has been created. Please do not write to me again on this matter or a complaint of harassment as both a criminal act and a civil tort may be made."

Dont say what is wrong with their letter nor say that you were not the driver, they arent writing to you in that capacity.

BazookaBo is right about the para on the Beavis result being totally irrelevant.

You will also find that they dont have a contract with the landowner,

just a tenant and that isnt good enough.

Again, that is for the future should they continue to press you for payment

(they most likely will, how else are they going to keep themselves in luxury otherwise?)

i'd do it by snail mail and get free proof of posting.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D